2005 chrome hood scoop fitment

FANZ

FANZ

50th anniversary torch red
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I bought the chrome piece for the hood scoop and want to make sure it fits right. Has anytime put it on their 2005?

There are a couple different ones. I put on the one that is just a 3M stick on for the end. Before peeling the protective tape, position it and make gentle bends so that it is perfectly formed to the scoop contour. Make some marks with tape or Sharpie for the position you want it. Once you peel the protective tape be sure you put it exactly where you want it as the 3M tape is unforgiving. A little gas on a rag will remove Sharpie marks.

There are a couple different ones. I put on the one that is just a 3M stick on for the end. Before peeling the protective tape, position it and make gentle bends so that it is perfectly formed to the scoop contour. Make some marks with tape or Sharpie for the position you want it. Once you peel the protective tape be sure you put it exactly where you want it as the 3M tape is unforgiving. A little gas on a rag will remove Sharpie marks.
Put it on ....looks great...really does highlight the hood scoop..Went on easy!

Trying to send attachment will see how it goes.....

Here you go ..looks good...I’m happy with it...

Attachments

• FF065D5F-754D-4827-9B24-72C1007BC91F.jpeg
    FF065D5F-754D-4827-9B24-72C1007BC91F.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 7
I was lening to buy the OEM but I felt like the pictures i had seen from the aftermarket Grant it is almost $100 more for the OEM so I thought lets see how this one goes on and looks and I am satisfied so far. It shines up nice and I am not going through car washes nor having it parked outside so we will see. Ask me in 6 months and I ill let you know. I am semi retired and this is my toy to enjoy on nice days here in Arizona. It’s your call on getting this piece so if you feel better with the OEM then I would go that route.

Just sent the spare bezel I picked up off the the Chrommer in MI. I should have it back towards the end of February. I'll post picks then.

If it is the stick on type, it is hard to get the curved part to stick
I first made sure it fit properly then took a small section of tape covering out right at the bend giving me enough tail for pull tabs. Positioned the center correctly and pressed it in place then worked my way carefully outward on both sides. Went on like a charm.

Did exactly that, otherwise hard to get to fit flush

Vid of wife's 03 Bird purchased with hood scoop done with 3M taped chrome, that wasn't applied correctly as the tails aren't sticking. Hmmm a blade n new tape......

Vid of wife's 03 Bird purchased with hood scoop done with 3M taped chrome, that wasn't applied correctly as the tails aren't sticking. Hmmm a blade n new tape......
I found the suggestion to use dental floss and saw back and forth worked well for me. I had to remove one of the signature scripts off my right rear panel as it had been broken. From the fuzz caught on it I assume by a drying rag used at a carwash.

If you can get your hands on either the OEM bezel for a 2002 NM or the 2005 Cashmere you will be way better off.

Put it on ....looks great...really does highlight the hood scoop..Went on easy!
Which one did you use? Some I've seen on ebay exclude the 2005 model.

Does it actually exclude it, or just not specify 2002-2005? What is the link to the item on eBay?
To be more accurate, it does NOT include the 2005 model. Seems odd since I don't believe they Ford changed the design in '05.

To be more accurate, it does NOT include the 2005 model. Seems odd since I don't believe they Ford changed the design in '05.
What about the second half of the question?
What is the link to the item or item number?

Back