1966 Tbird Inner rear fender removal

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi guys,

I was trying to remove the rear inner fender on the drive side to get a better view of the steering gear box area. Are there any bolts inside the engine area?

I had all but one removed inside the tire area but the bottom of the fender seemed very tight still. I didn't want to just pull on it. Is there a trick or something I'm missing? Thanks.

Hi Mike
Im no expert but i recently took off the left front to run a new fuel line.
They are very snug and may seem like glued on from under coating.
Hope this helps

Hi Mike
Im no expert but i recently took off the left front to run a new fuel line.
They are very snug and may seem like glued on from under coating.
Hope this helps

Ok thanks. I'll give it another try tomorrow. It was super tight mostly at the bottom where the fuel and brake line go up under it from the rocker panel area. Thanks.

Ok thanks. I'll give it another try tomorrow. It was super tight mostly at the bottom where the fuel and brake line go up under it from the rocker panel area. Thanks.
May sound silly but take a picture of everything...just in case you dont put it back on right away

I was trying to remove the rear inner fender on the drive side to get a better view of the steering gear box area. Are there any bolts inside the engine area?

I had all but one removed inside the tire area but the bottom of the fender seemed very tight still. I didn't want to just pull on it. Is there a trick or something I'm missing? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Guys, if you are talking about the FRONT fenders, the “inner” fender/wheel well is part of the unibody structure and is WELDED in. You can’t remove them. Same with the rear wheel wells. ALL WELDED. MAJOR cutting and rewearing if removed.

Guys, if you are talking about the FRONT fenders, the “inner” fender/wheel well is part of the unibody structure and is WELDED in. You can’t remove them. Same with the rear wheel wells. ALL WELDED. MAJOR cutting and rewearing if removed.
Maybe I used the wrong word to describe what I'm removing. I was able to remove it by taking out the bolts. Inner wheel well is what I'm referring to hopefully I'm not using the wrong term.

Well there are two sections for the front inner wheel well. The rear section has two bolts near the top as well as back and lower section along with the rubber weatherstrip that is a tight fitting part but once removed you do have a small window to work with between the shock tower and the firewall because the shock tower is directly behind it and and covers a large area this is not a removable part.

Back