WTB 1957 wiper motor bracket

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1957 t-bird. There was no windshield motor. I was able to obtain a newly refurbished one, but it seems there is no mounting bracket. Is the bracket supposed to be in the engine compartment on the fire wall or inside under the dash? I have tried to buy one but cannot find this part anywhere. Any help on these questions or where I can buy this bracket would be appreciated.
Ron

I have a 1957 t-bird. There was no windshield motor. I was able to obtain a newly refurbished one, but it seems there is no mounting bracket. Is the bracket supposed to be in the engine compartment on the fire wall or inside under the dash? I have tried to buy one but cannot find this part anywhere. Any help on these questions or where I can buy this bracket would be appreciated.
Ron
The windshield motor is mounted under the dash. You would also need the mechanism that goes from the motor to the wiper arms. I suggest you contact all of the thunderbird suppliers.Many of the sellers also do restoration work and often have used parts that are not reproduced. The caveat there is when a part is not reproduced the prices can be stiff. It might help if you post the part of the country you are in so that other members of the forum can help you in your search.
good luck, J.

Mini shoe, I suggest you purchase a shop manual for your car. I know that Classic Auto Parts in Coshocton,Ohio has them. If not try Hills Thunderbird also in Ohio. When you go to the wiper section in the Classic Auto Parts online catalog and click on the part number you see in the diagram you usually get an exploded diagram that shows you how it goes together. It’s been very helpful to me. Let us know how you make out.

Someone previously gave me bad info and said wiper motor was on firewall. I now it's under dash.

Back