WTB 2003 roof hydraulic cylinder ram

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi,
I need to replace the hydraulic cylinders or rams that lift the room on my 03. Ford doesn’t sell these parts anymore. Anyone have a recommendation on where i might be able to buy parts like this? Apologies if i am violating protocols - this is my first post to any forum on this site. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
I need to replace the hydraulic cylinders or rams that lift the room on my 03. Ford doesn’t sell these parts anymore. Anyone have a recommendation on where i might be able to buy parts like this? Apologies if i am violating protocols - this is my first post to any forum on this site. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
You are not violating any rules. As a matter of fact, you are one of the few people that can read and follow directions when posting and use a proper subject/title! You also posted in the parts wanted/for sale area which is also a miracle! Lol
Seems like common sense, but I move several posts each week from the general forums area.

Many parts have to be purchased from junkyard cars, etc.

I experienced sudden failure of the convertible top on my 2003 recently. The motor is cycling but the top does not raise or lower. Clearly there is a fluid leak either in one of the lines or one of the convertible top lift cylinders, as a puddle of fluid was found under the car on the left side right where the passenger side lift cylinder is located. Of course it is difficult to get a clear view of the mechanism as the closed top is obstructing the view. . There is nothing obstructing the top, as it did go up and down once before enough fluid leaked out to prevent operation. I am having difficulty finding replacement parts for this job and wonder if anyone else has had this issue and if so how did you resolve.

You dont need to include the make and model of your car in your title since we are an all Ford Thunderbird site. Put the year of your car in then title.
Revising... actually I will merge with an existing topic.

You need to get a service manual as well which is cheap and helpful.

Back