Shock Absorbers for 1964 TBird

64ZCODE

64ZCODE

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all. I'm going to install new shocks on the old TBird and would like your input on options. I'd like "extra heavy duty" shocks if I can find them. Also, in the past I've seen some posts indicating that some brands of front shocks don't have a long enough rod on them and that it may be necessary to weld an extension on in order for it to work on our cars. What's up with that?

Here are the options I'm looking at, what do you guys recommend?

KYB 344398 Excel-G Gas Shocks. These are available on Amazon but it's unclear whether they are for the front or rear

Cure-Ride shocks from Mac's, PN 66-36740-1. Also unclear if these are for front or rear

Monroe 5763 OESpectrum

Bird Nest
Fronts 1655-XHD extra heavy duty
Rears 1656-XHD extra heavy duty

Thanks!

Doug

Look for Bilstein or Koni shocks. They make the car to feel like driving a newer Mercedes. Thats all I go for on my classic cars and my 68 T-Bird

Hi all. I'm going to install new shocks on the old TBird and would like your input on options. I'd like "extra heavy duty" shocks if I can find them. Also, in the past I've seen some posts indicating that some brands of front shocks don't have a long enough rod on them and that it may be necessary to weld an extension on in order for it to work on our cars. What's up with that?

Here are the options I'm looking at, what do you guys recommend?

KYB 344398 Excel-G Gas Shocks. These are available on Amazon but it's unclear whether they are for the front or rear

Cure-Ride shocks from Mac's, PN 66-36740-1. Also unclear if these are for front or rear

Monroe 5763 OESpectrum

Bird Nest
Fronts 1655-XHD extra heavy duty
Rears 1656-XHD extra heavy duty

Thanks!

Doug
Mac'santiqueautoparts.com has them for your 64 for $79.99 a pair

Back