One of first 200 2002 Thunderbirds made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threebird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I found out recently my 2002 was one of the first 200 (actually 203 I think) made. The Neiman Marcus edition was the first 200 sold to the public...the first 203 ( it might just be 200) were used by Ford as "special use vehicle's". They were test driven and evaluated by Ford execs and employees and for shows... To think...my bird may have been at the North American auto show...or even driven and evaluated by Ford himself. It there is anyone out there that may have access to the original records I might be able to find out more. I posted to find out if anyone out there also has one of the original 203. I got 77.000 miles on mine. It's black on black with black trim. Were they ALL the same color n trim...it will be cool to find out. Threebird.

Attachments

• 20190403_150127_Film3.jpg
    20190403_150127_Film3.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 1
Ask QuickDraw, he will need the last 6 digits of the Vin number.
He's the one that told me what it is. I gave him my complete vin and he gave me a LOT of information...NOW I NEED MORE...please of course. Threebird

As @Quickdraw said here, they were the first 200 sold, not neccessarily first 200 produced..

As @Quickdraw said here, they were the first 200 sold, not neccessarily first 200 produced..
The Neiman Marcus were the first sold but Quick draw said it was one of the first 200 produced he said there were 113 produced before mine and 90 produced on my cars build day but yes they were the first retro birds built...it's not a Neiman Marcus it's just a premium.

ThreeBird, You misunderstood, many but not all, of the first 200+ were "special use" and they were a mix of colors and interiors however the first 24 built were either black or torch red.

ThreeBird, You misunderstood, many but not all, of the first 200+ were "special use" and they were a mix of colors and interiors however the first 24 built were either black or torch red.
But it was one of the first 200 retro birds built correct. That was my point.

But it was one of the first 200 retro birds built correct. That was my point.
All the rest...I said it may have. It would be cool to find out.

Also...my heading was changed for my post. If it wasn't specific enough could it please read "one of the first 200 retro birds built" thanx. Threebird
And yes I did misunderstand...I thought you said all the first were "special use" I there anyone with the access to the records I would really like to find out. Threebird

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes I did misunderstand...I thought you said all the first were "special use" I there anyone with the access to the records I would really like to find out. Threebird

What specifically are you wanting to know? Of the first 203 made, 60 were black, 32 were Inspiration Yellow, 33 were Whisper White, 48 were Torch Red, and 30 were Thunderbird Blue. And of the first 203 made only 13 went directly through regular sales channels to a Ford dealer in the U.S. or Canada and sold as new. Many of the first units built were sent to Ford's various plants and office buildings in the U.S. and Canada for executives and employees to see, drive, and evaluate. These cars were probably eventually sold as used cars or scrapped.

I remember Katie Couric got her 2002 Thunderbird pretty early, but can't remember the details, anyone else remember?

What specifically are you wanting to know? Of the first 203 made, 60 were black, 32 were Inspiration Yellow, 33 were Whisper White, 48 were Torch Red, and 30 were Thunderbird Blue. And of the first 203 made only 13 went directly through regular sales channels to a Ford dealer in the U.S. or Canada and sold as new. Many of the first units built were sent to Ford's various plants and office buildings in the U.S. and Canada for executives and employees to see, drive, and evaluate. These cars were probably eventually sold as used cars or scrapped.
Thanx Queeks draw (that's how his sidekick said it) is there a way to find out who...if anyone...test drove n evaluated my car...If it was used that way. Also I don't suppose anyone would have the vin from the car that was shown at cobo for the North American auto show. I appreciate the info n sorry bout the misunderstanding. Thanx again Threebird

Thanx Queeks draw (that's how his sidekick said it) is there a way to find out who...if anyone...test drove n evaluated my car...If it was used that way. Also I don't suppose anyone would have the vin from the car that was shown at cobo for the North American auto show. I appreciate the info n sorry bout the misunderstanding. Thanx again Threebird
Anyone out there got one of these first 203 I'd like to see how many are still out there. Threebird. Mine's black.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone out there got one of these first 203 I'd like to see how many are still out there. Threebird. Mine's black.

I really doubt anyone kept a permanent list of who drove each car. The written evaluations may have been kept for a short time but were surely discarded (at the latest) when the Wixom Michigan plant that built our cars was closed a few years back.

I really doubt anyone kept a permanent list of who drove each car. The written evaluations may have been kept for a short time but were surely discarded (at the latest) when the Wixom Michigan plant that built our cars was closed a few years back.
Thanx Quickdraw. I guess that's about all I'll find about it. I would like to know approximately how many of these first 203 still exist...well I guess it doesn't really matter...mine is what it is n I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Thanx again. Threebird

Three Bird, how would anyone possibly know how many of the 203 are still operational?

True, after 17 years, cars could get wrecked/totaled, blow up and get scrapped, etc.

True, after 17 years, cars could get wrecked/totaled, blow up and get scrapped, etc.
By the last 6#s of your vin...first it must be a 2002 the last 6 of my vin is 100327 if someone has a 2002 vin that low...or close Quick draw can tell you (Find out how rare is your 2002-2005 thunderbird is) I think they all had the "1" but not positive. Some may already know they have one. Threebird

Attachments

• 20190403_150136_Film3.jpg
    20190403_150136_Film3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
By the last 6#s of your vin...first it must be a 2002 the last 6 of my vin is 100327 if someone has a 2002 vin that low...or close Quick draw can tell you (Find out how rare is your 2002-2005 thunderbird is) I think they all had the "1" but not positive. Some may already know they have one. Threebird
I'm sure more than a few of them don't "exist" anymore...not the way we Americans drive...at least many of us...I just think it would be cool to find out.

Yes, all of them start with a "1"... back up two digits on the VIN and that tells you the year.... - 4Y100327 would be a 2004 Thunderbird. One place to look for another low digit VIN like yours would be looking thru all 65 pages of the How Rare thread.

One more thing to complicate things... all 200 Neiman Marcus Special Editions had lower VINs than yours yet were built after yours. The 0fficial NM VINs ran from 2y1000026 to 2y100225 and the first one was built 6/14/2001.

One more thing to complicate things... all 200 Neiman Marcus Special Editions had lower VINs than yours yet were built after yours. The 0fficial NM VINs ran from 2y1000026 to 2y100225 and the first one was built 6/14/2001.
So the first 203 were approximately 2Y100226 thru 2Y100429 ok that makes some sense. Did they use 2Y100001 thru 2Y100025. I really do appreciate your time Quick draw...thanx a bunch. Threebird. I figured they did something like that...mine being one of the first...yet the vin ends 327.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back