02-05 Chrome 3rd Brake Light Cover?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Has anyone seen or have their 3rd brake light cover chromed? I think it would be a nice complement to the hood scoop front edge chrome.
The only caveat I personally would consider is when does too much chrome become too much. It probably is a matter of taste, if you like it then absolutely go for it.

Please include the model year(s) of the car in future post on the subject / title. I have added this for you. Thank you for posting.

Please include the model year(s) of the car in future post on the subject / title. I have added this for you. Thank you for posting.
Mr Biddle please don’t consider this a smart ass question but I do wonder why you insist on adding a MY to posts like this when the parts in question are identical covering all 4 years of production. Please don’t take the comment wrong, just wondering.

Yes, I’m of the opinion that hood scoop is great but this is overkill.

Mr Biddle please don’t consider this a smart ass question but I do wonder why you insist on adding a model year to posts like this when the parts in question are identical covering all 4 years of production. Please don’t take the comment wrong, just wondering.

1- Mostly for SEO on Google so people find the posts. Look at the URL above- "02-05-chrome-3rd-brake-light-cover.7385"
2- The site covers 1955-2005, when the weekly digest goes out, it makes it easier for people to know what years it pertains to.

The subject is the most important part of a post on any forum.

What I wonder is why people cannot follow simple instructions when they post it clearly tells them to include the model year(s) along with a meaningful subject. People will literally use a subject that says "Ford Thunderbird" LOL SMH.

model-year-TBF.jpg

1- Mostly for SEO on Google so people find the posts. Look at the URL above- "02-05-chrome-3rd-brake-light-cover.7385"
2- The site covers 1955-2005, when the weekly digest goes out, it makes it easier for people to know what years it pertains to.

The subject is the most important part of a post on any forum.

What I wonder is why people cannot follow simple instructions when they post it clearly tells them to include the model year(s) along with a meaningful subject. People will literally use a subject that says "Ford Thunderbird" LOL SMH.

View attachment 3412
Another reason is that if you follow other parts of the forum that cover all years (The T-bird parts area, for instance) and the subject line doesn’t show the year, you don’t know if the post is applicable to your car.

Back to the topic
The hood scoop was started in 1955 the birth year of the unique Thunderbird. The scoop is Thunderbird heritage. The third or hi-mount tail light is a Federal Highway requirement that imho is a ugly bump. Why oh why would you want to accent it?
But to each their own, if you are asking what others may think about chrome on this part of the car than you yourself are not convinced it would look good and it probably would not.

Has anyone seen or have their 3rd brake light cover chromed? I think it would be a nice complement to the hood scoop front edge chrome.

CHROME SHROME
Being retired, myself, I know what it’s like having too much time on my hands. Don’t fancy up that which doesn’t need fancying up!! Remember, the Devil finds work for idle hands.

Does the JC Whitney catalog still exist? I’ll bet there one may find such as light-up mud flaps and other chrome doo-dads...

I’m still looking for curb feelers because I drive like Mr McGoo!
...Isn’t that why they call them “bumpers?”

Unless its some kind of externally added applique, getting the third brakelight housing chromed at a shop would be a lot of work for little benefit IMO.

You have to disassemble a lot of the rear end of the car to even get to the darn thing, which is why to just change the light bulb, the manual says to take it to the dealer. If I have ever have to do it an LED will go in there and prob a strobe module to flash the light when the brakes are applied...

The only caveat I personally would consider is when does too much chrome become too much. It probably is a matter of taste, if you like it then absolutely go for it.

... or lack thereof.

Does the JC Whitney catalog still exist? I’ll bet there one may find such as light-up mud flaps and other chrome doo-dads...

I’m still looking for curb feelers because I drive like Mr McGoo!
...Isn’t that why they call them “bumpers?”

curb feelers. I got mine from ebay

Back