2002 Ford Thunderbird Heritage Rebirth Icon Media Kits

tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last edited by a moderator:
I was recently able to acquire four 2002 Ford Thunderbird Heritage Rebirth Icon Media Kits from an individual in none other than Flat Rock, Michigan!

Also, just started a Ford Thunderbird Youtube Channel, please subscribe free here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtw03lljrSZ5y8vLxHHSLzw?sub_confirmation=1

Here is the unboxing video. Does anyone remember how many of these were made?

I have one of these kits ... the yellow car. Mine came from a fellow Ford employee that was responsible for wholesaling vehicles to dealers back when the 2002 - 2005 models were new. A very cool piece of memorabilia for Thunderbird fans. As far a numbers are concerned, think big. These press kits were issued to most media outlets in North America that reported on the car industry, and that included a large number of local newspapers from small towns everywhere.

These press kits were issued to most media outlets in North America that reported on the car industry, and that included a large number of local newspapers from small towns everywhere.

They had another press kit as well that did not include the diecast car. These were not distributed that widely or you would see them for sale frequently on eBAY, etc. I rarely ever see one of these even up for sale. These were given to press at the Detroit Auto Show debut on January 8, 2001.

Mike, received kit yesterday. I love love love it! The car is waaaay cooler than I expected. Thanks for letting this one get away.

Do you know who made the diecast cars? Maisto? Would you please post a picture of the bottom of the car? (assuming that it shows the manufacturer and other details.)

Mike, received kit yesterday. I love love love it! The car is waaaay cooler than I expected. Thanks for letting this one get away.

Glad you are enjoying it!

If anyone is interested I do have a Yellow car press kit that I would be willing to get rid of. Not Sure what a fair price is but I am sure we could work something out. 71771499_10215706748962826_119362879232147456_n.jpg72573251_10215706749202832_2785907730274058240_n.jpg

You have my whisper white... have a spare? Please message me to let me know! I knew that there was somebody in FR that had a bunch of these...

Are you selling these, particularly the red one ?

Back