2002 Running gear changed

Suspension issues all sorted; ball joints, bushings, sway bar links the whole sha-bang; both front and rear; four point alignment too boot. Total cast $$1550. Tossed on a new set of radials and she drives like new.

The only difference between you and a BMW owner is that the Bimmer guy would be bragging about how much he spent. $1550 for a complete front end renewal on a 15 year old car? Cheap at twice the price! Enjoy! 2002 - 2005 Thunderbird owners have to start acting like we have something special, because we do.

I know you are loving it, I did the exact same things to my 02 last
summer, and T Bird drives like new. Spent right at same amount
For exact same items.

Please include the model year of your car on future posts in the subject / title. I have added this for you. Thank you for posting.

I agree, worth every cent. I put General rubber on. To me it rides better than the Michlins. There was an issue with the rear sway bar link being to long. Easy fix, just cut the shank and clean up the mating threads. Just mentioned that should some adventurous soul give this change out in the solitude of his garage.

Suspension issues all sorted; ball joints, bushings, sway bar links the whole sha-bang; both front and rear; four point alignment too boot. Total cast $$1550. Tossed on a new set of radials and she drives like new.
where did you find lateral links Dorman shows them for a Jag. Most other brands don't list them. Also what brand suspension parts did you get I need to do them same job front and rear on 03

i have just recently acquired a 2003 t-bird, and will be replacing the suspension, as all the rubbers are rotted. Did you get the parts from Ford? what type of tires do you recommend, as i will be only summer driving, and want the best and safest.

i have just recently acquired a 2003 t-bird, and will be replacing the suspension, as all the rubbers are rotted. Did you get the parts from Ford? what type of tires do you recommend, as i will be only summer driving, and want the best and safest.

Suggest looking into getting a size large tire than what Ford lists; kind of wish I had. The 55 ratio tire fits the car and actually is the size tire Ford initaly engineered the car for. The internet reviews of tires can provide a hint as to the road feel you might experience over differing tire manufacturers. I chose General tires. A little firmer ride than the Mechlins but I'm pleased.

The rubber on my 2002 was toast. Accutaly all the rubber components of the suspention system have been perished for some time but the bearings were satisfactory and the car is garaged. Before the work; I did note an intermittent vibration. Since the work the vibration is gone and I have noted an improved in the ride. A firmer ride as a result of the new tires I selected but no vibrations and she's tracking straight and true.

where did you find lateral links Dorman shows them for a Jag. Most other brands don't list them. Also what brand suspension parts did you get I need to do them same job front and rear on 03

I just went off Amazon. They seemed like good quality stuff. Any additional ball joint were acquired at local parts house. Both front and rear parts right at $1000+/-

Back