2002 - Shifting plate scratches - White light shows

VolleyballJIM

VolleyballJIM

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Odd little problem: At night the black plate over my gear indicators by the shift show scratches (the white light below shows through). Any idea how to handle these? Can't imagine painting anything on top of the plate where the scratches are or below, but wondered if anyone experienced these and had any solution. REALLY minor thing, but every evening I'm out with the Tbird, I see 'em! Tx!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Why not try a small bottle of Black appliance touch up paint, it comes in a small
bottle like the old typewriter white correcting fluid.

Multiple coats with an extra fine point black sharpie worked for me. I was also considering testors black model paint but could not find a dabber for it.

The black appliance paint, and apply with a tooth pick works great.

One application does it.

Odd little problem: At night the black plate over my gear indicators by the shift show scratches (the white light below shows through). Any idea how to handle these? Can't imagine painting anything on top of the plate where the scratches are or below, but wondered if anyone experienced these and had any solution. REALLY minor thing, but every evening I'm out with the Tbird, I see 'em! Tx!

This may be a dumb question, but should the gear indicators next to the shifter light up at night? Mine don't on my recently acquired 2005.

Back