2002 FORD THUNDERBIRD, 10,562 MILES, LIKE NEW? Vin 1FAHP60A52Y126049

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiderman

Spiderman

Last seen
Beautiful low mileage 2002 Ford T-Bird. This car is painted in the desirable and limited (2002 only) Thunderbird Blue (original paint) and is in near showroom condition. The two toned Thunderbird Blue over Black leather interior is likewise in near perfect condition with no visible wear. The top shows as new and the top mechanism works as it should. The car has the optional Dayton wire wheels, they are in beautiful condition (tires are original!). The car also comes with its matching hardtop and hardtop stand. Additionally, the car comes with a clean Carfax, parade boot, cover, and its Owner's Manual. tbird - 4.jpg Tbird int.jpg This car is a collector quality car and would make a wonderful Christmas present for you or a loved one. Call me at 720-838-8345 or email at tommartin100@*********** if you have any questions or would like additional vehicle specifications.

Thanks! I like your car as well. I'm selling because I don't drive the car as much as I thought I would. Been spending allot of time on my boat fishing in North Carolina. Want to get another smaller boat for the creeks.

For me, it just comes down to being more of a Miata person. My T-bird itself is great. But I just like the tossability of a Miata.

I would like to get feedback from forum members on this for sale listing.

Is the asking price too high for this car?

I am selling with the original tires. I am thinking I should put a new premium Michelin on the car. It will ride and handle better. Do buyers want the original tires on a car like this? Please let me know what you think.

Any other comments are appreciated.

At this time of the year I'd say yes your price is too high. Come Spring when the weather turns you will positively see more interest so don't loose heart now. I think you may have to come down a couple of $K especially if you don't get any offers by June. After-all the car is now 17 yrs. old, regardless of its mileage & appearance it has not reached collector or classic status and interest in the Retro T-Bird is beginning to fall gradually.

All that said I have got to say you have a beautiful car and wish you really good luck in your sale. And that you have lots of of luck with your fishing adventures.

At this time of the year I'd say yes your price is too high. Come Spring when the weather turns you will positively see more interest so don't loose heart now. I think you may have to come down a couple of $K especially if you don't get any offers by June. After-all the car is now 17 yrs. old, regardless of its mileage & appearance it has not reached collector or classic status and interest in the Retro T-Bird is beginning to fall gradually.

All that said I have got to say you have a beautiful car and wish you really good luck in your sale. And that you have lots of of luck with your fishing adventures.

Thanks, I appreciate the comments. Would you replace the tires?

Bought one just like it two years ago, 2002 blue black/blue interior and same everything you have there. I paid $24 for it with 4688 actual miles garaged car and it had new Michelins and new hoses and any rubber parts that would deteriorate with age. With new rubber on yours you should get close to asking price in the spring. I now have 7600 miles on mine and still looks like a brand new car. Original tires look good but are unsafe.

Bought one just like it two years ago, 2002 blue black/blue interior and same everything you have there. I paid $24 for it with 4688 actual miles garaged car and it had new Michelins and new hoses and any rubber parts that would deteriorate with age. With new rubber on yours you should get close to asking price in the spring. I now have 7600 miles on mine and still looks like a brand new car. Original tires look good but are unsafe.

Thanks. I appreciate the comments. I priced a new set of Michelins and will replace the original tires

Beautiful low mileage 2002 Ford T-Bird. This car is painted in the desirable and limited (2002 only) Thunderbird Blue (original paint) and is in near showroom condition. The two toned Thunderbird Blue over Black leather interior is likewise in near perfect condition with no visible wear. The top shows as new and the top mechanism works as it should. The car has the optional Dayton wire wheels, they are in beautiful condition (tires are original!). The car also comes with its matching hardtop and hardtop stand. Additionally, the car comes with a clean Carfax, parade boot, cover, and its Owner's Manual. View attachment 2887 View attachment 2888 This car is a collector quality car and would make a wonderful Christmas present for you or a loved one. Call me at 720-838-8345 or email at tommartin100@*********** if you have any questions or would like additional vehicle specifications.

New Michelins have been put on the car (this has much improved the ride and handling), synthetic oil change, and the car has been detailed. Price was reduced to $20, 500. Put a couple of hundred + more miles on the car. Couple of more photos follow. DSC01280.JPG DSC01279.JPG DSC01279.JPG DSC01282.JPG thumbnail_101_0361.jpg DSC01280.JPG DSC01279.JPG DSC01282.JPG i

New Michelins have been put on the car (this has much improved the ride and handling), synthetic oil change, and the car has been detailed. Price was reduced to $20, 500. Put a couple of hundred + more miles on the car. Couple of more photos follow. View attachment 3467 View attachment 3468 View attachment 3468 View attachment 3469 View attachment 3470 View attachment 3467 View attachment 3468 View attachment 3469 i
Just be patient...retro birds didn't sell fast new and things haven't changed. I think your price is fair...I wouldn't have lowered it myself. Your mileage is excellent...I bought one last year with 77,000 on it...it sat at the dealer for quite a while. Don't be pushed into selling for a less. Threebird

Attachments

• 20180907_120058.jpg
    20180907_120058.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Good luck with your sale. Your price is probably still a little high but it leaves room to haggle. Glad that you put the new tires on for your own safety. They definitely had to go. I also switched to the Dayton wheels. My avatar shows the original 21 spoke wheels used on the ‘02 Nieman Marcus and the ‘03 Bond Edition.

Just reduced to $19750. Have almost 11,000 now. Been taking it out on nice days for a spirited drive. Those new Michelins make a huge difference in ride comfort and handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back