KBS Coatings trunk and floor repair--1962 Thunderbird

Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Here's what the website claims: "KBS Coatings’ 3-STEP SYSTEM of RustSeal (a rust preventive coating), KBS Klean (an industrial strength water-based cleaner / degreaser) and KBS RustBlast (a powerful rust remover / metal etch) is the most effective rust and corrosion prevention system available today." So, has anybody used these products. I am interested in applying sound deadening over the floor and trunk areas and this approach seemed to ensure proper degreasing/cleaning and sealing. I am not concerned with deviating from original condition if the product or part performs better. Anyway, this is why I am asking for any feedback. Thanks.

Here's what the website claims: "KBS Coatings’ 3-STEP SYSTEM of RustSeal (a rust preventive coating), KBS Klean (an industrial strength water-based cleaner / degreaser) and KBS RustBlast (a powerful rust remover / metal etch) is the most effective rust and corrosion prevention system available today." So, has anybody used these products. I am interested in applying sound deadening over the floor and trunk areas and this approach seemed to ensure proper degreasing/cleaning and sealing. I am not concerned with deviating from original condition if the product or part performs better. Anyway, this is why I am asking for any feedback. Thanks.
Very happy with results. Preparation is key but the cleaners and sealer are as good as advertised.

POR15 you can never go wrong with that stuff. A lot of steps, but when dry and cured it’s hard as stone.

Back