1967 Tbird Headers

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Ok
But you in USA
And i am in Israel for mi with shiping and duty its cost almoust like 2000$

Yeah that would be a REALLY BAD idea. What motor do you have? Because if its the 429 any of the 385 series manifolds would fit. I mean the 429 is just a 460 block with a different crank and stroke. You can literally pop 429 heads on to a 460 block and it would be pretty much bolt right on. Thats what I did with mine in my 69. I got manifolds for a 460 then took it to a shop and had custom exhaust put on it.

I have the 429 and it's very solid. I may spend some more time on the exhaust in the future but my next task is to replace all of the worn out suspension components. These cars were known as good handlers for the day.

I have the 429 and it's very solid. I may spend some more time on the exhaust in the future but my next task is to replace all of the worn out suspension components. These cars were known as good handlers for the day.
They are. I just completely rebuilt the suspension and brakes on my 69 and boy she rides like a dream. Smooth as silk albeit a bit floaty.

what springs did you use? I've been looking for something a tad stiffer.
I just got the Moog springs. Both front and rear. However they are pretty much original spec. A little floaty. If stiffer is your plan I suggest looking around. There is nothing really listed for the Thunderbird in performance. Maybe springs for a Galaxy may be similar. Try summit racing or jegs. I will say though that I got a new panhard bar for the car. It was listed for the Galaxy, but the suspension is pretty similar. They also had new trailing arms as well as the upper rear control arm too. All would fit a tbird.

So basically if performance is your game you really have to search around.

I was going to go with moog as well seems like the only options are OEM style springs or the qa1 coilovers which are way out of budget.
I just got the Moog springs. Both front and rear. However they are pretty much original spec. A little floaty. If stiffer is your plan I suggest looking around. There is nothing really listed for the Thunderbird in performance. Maybe springs for a Galaxy may be similar. Try summit racing or jegs. I will say though that I got a new panhard bar for the car. It was listed for the Galaxy, but the suspension is pretty similar. They also had new trailing arms as well as the upper rear control arm too. All would fit a tbird.

So basically if performance is your game you really have to search around.

I was going to go with moog as well seems like the only options are OEM style springs or the qa1 coilovers which are way out of budget.
Yeah, it's a real shame there isn't must out there in terms of performance for our cars. Though if you go back a few years to 1966 or earlier and so much is around. Really tells you where the popularity is at.

Yeah, it's a real shame there isn't must out there in terms of performance for our cars. Though if you go back a few years to 1966 or earlier and so much is around. Really tells you where the popularity is at.
with the price point these cars are at, as long as the economy doesnt tank, I bet these cars will start gaining aftermarket. considering everything else is getting so expensive to own.

with the price point these cars are at, as long as the economy doesnt tank, I bet these cars will start gaining aftermarket. considering everything else is getting so expensive to own.
Hopefully. I really do want to hot rod my 69. I just need some parts to stiffen up the floatyness

Back