1992 5.0 speedo issue

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
K
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1992 5.0 with a speedometer (82,000 miles) with a needle the sticks or binds (stops moving) on acceleration. It will usually stop around 45 mph and 65 mph, the needle will free up and increase with speed after pushing in the trip odo reset. The needle does not appear to be sagging or dragging on the speedo face. I was looking into a speedo repair, but one of the statements they made on their website was the service they offer will not fix that issue. To me, means it has happened to someone else... The other thought is the vehicle speed sensor coning off the trans.? Anyone else experience this? Considering buying a used cheap one on Ebay to see if it does the same thing.

Thanks

1992 5.0 with a speedometer (82,000 miles) with a needle the sticks or binds (stops moving) on acceleration. It will usually stop around 45 mph and 65 mph, the needle will free up and increase with speed after pushing in the trip odo reset. The needle does not appear to be sagging or dragging on the speedo face. I was looking into a speedo repair, but one of the statements they made on their website was the service they offer will not fix that issue. To me, means it has happened to someone else... The other thought is the vehicle speed sensor coning off the trans.? Anyone else experience this? Considering buying a used cheap one on Ebay to see if it does the same thing.

Thanks
I doubt its a speet sensor issue. Sounds like your speedo itself is binding up. I would repace it first. Your localcapeedometer shop should be able to fix that problem. I am suprised someone told you they wont fix that problem. Try a different shop

Hey you might wanna have the speed sensor and gear on the trans checked out they do sell a speedometer repair kit to rebuild the speedometer gear

Back