02-05 License plate holder

Would need your PP address ,my address is 17 HY PL,Lake Grove NY 11755,Bill Cook.thank you

I am trying to get the Sto N Sho company to develop a removable front license plate holder for the Retrobirds.
My Tbird didn't have a plate holder in front and I would like to keep it that way. Illinois requires a front plate and I've been lucky so far.
Anyone in that area able to take their Thunderbird to the shop for them to measure it? I bet there are other TBird owners who could use a set. I understand California is now requiring front plates.

Big Mike's Performance Parts
16875 Joleen Way Suite 160
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm about 100 miles away - used to visit a client there - now I'm going in the opposite direction for work. California has had that requirement for a while - used to get tickets in Berkeley and Davis (UC towns, of course) with my 2002. My 2005 had a plate holder, so I went with it, and still don't like it. Following this thread because I'm curious...

Unfortunately I'm about 100 miles away - used to visit a client there - now I'm going in the opposite direction for work. California has had that requirement for a while - used to get tickets in Berkeley and Davis (UC towns, of course) with my 2002. My 2005 had a plate holder, so I went with it, and still don't like it. Following this thread because I'm curious...

Best solution= use a "show and Go" bracket click here for details.

I had looked at that product, but it has way too many negative reviews.

I saw that, but 67% of the reviews are 4-5 stars
Other members have bought it and given positive feedback. May be worth a shot.

What is the latest word on the front license plate solution? I've looked under the lower front grille, and the screws that retain the lower plastic skid guard don't seem substantial enough to support a bracket that would also need to stand up to the wind resistance that a front plate would create. Who has done what to mount a plate in front without drilling the holes into the front of the bumper, and with how much success? I've been running "outlaw" for 6 months, and I'm getting nervous. I still have the NM plate on the rear, but I registered the car in TX back in early March. When I went to install the rear plate, I noticed on my paperwork that I was given a February expiration date, not a March, so I didn't install until I could get clarification on why I paid for 12 months only to get 11 months of registration. When I went the following week to the licensing location, it was shut down due to Covid. There is no way to make an inquiry about my unique situation, so I just let it ride. I've seen the Sto N Show, and the Show N Go, but none make a bracket for our situation. I don't need a removable plate, or a powered one to hide it, since TX requires a visible plate ( no, I'm not going to display it in the windshield on the dash). Where would be a truly sturdy mounting point for an underbody bracket? My son-in-law just bought a welder, and we could cobble something together, but I just want to be sure this is a one-time solution. If you've been siuccessful, could you describe what you did and where you secured the system? Pictures or diagrams would be great. Thanks in advance to everyone.

I believe that you’re overthinking this. The factory plastic front plate holder works just fine. I wish that California (Or Texas) didn’t require a front plate, almost every car looks better without one, but here we are.

2002 tbird I have a Florida car and I run a front vanity plate EWING 3 as duplicate of a Texas plate and it kiiks great and sits perfectly where it doesnt abstract from the front grill

I drove my ‘74 Alfa Spider for 20 years in California without a front plate. I kept it in the trunk, prepared to tell any officer that it kept falling off. With the advent of bridge and toll road cameras, I mounted the front plate on my Z3, and now my ‘04 Bird. Not as attractive as no front plate, but I’m older and don’t want any unnecessary hassles.

What is the latest word on the front license plate solution? I've looked under the lower front grille, and the screws that retain the lower plastic skid guard don't seem substantial enough to support a bracket that would also need to stand up to the wind resistance that a front plate would create. Who has done what to mount a plate in front without drilling the holes into the front of the bumper, and with how much success? I've been running "outlaw" for 6 months, and I'm getting nervous. I still have the NM plate on the rear, but I registered the car in TX back in early March. When I went to install the rear plate, I noticed on my paperwork that I was given a February expiration date, not a March, so I didn't install until I could get clarification on why I paid for 12 months only to get 11 months of registration. When I went the following week to the licensing location, it was shut down due to Covid. There is no way to make an inquiry about my unique situation, so I just let it ride. I've seen the Sto N Show, and the Show N Go, but none make a bracket for our situation. I don't need a removable plate, or a powered one to hide it, since TX requires a visible plate ( no, I'm not going to display it in the windshield on the dash). Where would be a truly sturdy mounting point for an underbody bracket? My son-in-law just bought a welder, and we could cobble something together, but I just want to be sure this is a one-time solution. If you've been siuccessful, could you describe what you did and where you secured the system? Pictures or diagrams would be great. Thanks in advance to everyone.
In North Dakota the first year license plate can only be valid up to 11 months and 30 days if you purchase on the last day of the month. That may be the case in your state. Then next year we get a full 1 year license.

We have two plates in Nevada put they are not anal about as in Texas and some other states. Mean while how many drive with NO insurance and cops worry about a front plate?

Back