1965 15inch Rims needed ... suggestions?

X
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am having a HELICOPTER of a time finding replacement rims for my 65. Just spent way more than I should have on junk yard tires/rims from a 92 Crown Vic that I specs say are similar in all measurements except center bore. I'm at a loss. Any one have any suggestions?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yes. Steelies. Pretty much willing to settle for anything. Its strange. The car came with a set of rims that work, but they are really wide (running 275s). Ok in the back, rubbing in the front. The backspace on those is 3.8" and the car hub is about 62mm. Thought it really strange that the previous owner had 275s all the way around, but now I'm thinking its because he couldn't find any other rims that fit. Thanks for the info - I'll check into it.

I have a set of 4 with wheel covers, came with the '65 which has spoked wheels. Harrisburg, PA.

I bought my steel rim from the 'Birds Nest' for $ 15o. oo, , just had to sand and paint it,

Try Big M Auto, 271 7th St, Williams, Calif 95987 (530) 473-2225. Got a 15" rim for my '65 Tbird. He has 50-60's Fords. Check his website -www.bigmauto.com

A couple of things to be careful about:

First off, Thunderbird wheels must be SOLID. Most wheels are slotted; this car weighs over 4700 pounds and slotted wheels, though they might fit, are inadequate.

Second off, the wheels must be welded, not riveted. The wheels for a 1964 are riveted, and the rivets won't fit around the disk brake calipers. A 1065-66 wheel will fit a 64, but a 64 wheel will not fit a 1965-66.

Your best bet is to go to any Thunderbird parts dealer; if available new that's great, but used ones should be available.

I got my spare tire rim at T-Bird Nest, for a $ 150.00 it is slotted though, good luck!

crown vic' or lincoln town car wheels may fit , these are crown vic' wheels with modified lincoln town car center caps on our 1966 T-Bird102_2523.JPG 102_2535.JPG

I am having a HELICOPTER of a time finding replacement rims for my 65. Just spent way more than I should have on junk yard tires/rims from a 92 Crown Vic that I specs say are similar in all measurements except center bore. I'm at a loss. Any one have any suggestions?
I have a set of rims that came off a 65. If you are anywhere near the toledo, oh area

They look good. What year Crown Vic wheels did you use?
I have a set with whitewall tires and hubcaps if you need them that came off a 65. Near Toledo Oh.

Back