1966 T Bird dash electical issues

Patdown45
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
In the process of restoring my 66 tbird and had the dash out for repairs, however when it all got put back together none of the gages and most of the lights are not on or are going up and down with the engine rpm pulsing with the engine. Prior to the rebuild the gages were all illuminated as they are now minus the pulsing, so I changed the constant voltage regulator hoping that would fix things...it did not. I didn't opt for the more expensive electronic version, but I doubt that is the problem. There was this weird homemade coil looking wire jumper that was in the wire circuit prior to the rebuild, I did not put this homemade looking piece back. Looking for a way to at least getting the gas gauge working again as I just installed a new tank and sending unit and I caneed add some after market gages for the oil, water temp, and electrical voltage charging.

In the process of restoring my 66 tbird and had the dash out for repairs, however when it all got put back together none of the gages and most of the lights are not on or are going up and down with the engine rpm pulsing with the engine. Prior to the rebuild the gages were all illuminated as they are now minus the pulsing, so I changed the constant voltage regulator hoping that would fix things...it did not. I didn't opt for the more expensive electronic version, but I doubt that is the problem. There was this weird homemade coil looking wire jumper that was in the wire circuit prior to the rebuild, I did not put this homemade looking piece back. Looking for a way to at least getting the gas gauge working again as I just installed a new tank and sending unit and I caneed add some after market gages for the oil, water temp, and electrical voltage charging.
where can i get a electronic gauges.thanks

Back