Interchangeable Tbird - Lincoln LS - Jaguar SRT parts

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
M

miketamu

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
In general, what are the classes and types of parts that are interchangeable without modification to the Tbird from the Lincoln LS of the same period and the Jaguar SRT of the same period?

What about with modifications to either the Tbird or the part?

Thanks
Mike

In general, what are the classes and types of parts that are interchangeable without modification to the Tbird from the Lincoln LS of the same period and the Jaguar SRT of the same period?

What about with modifications to either the Tbird or the part?

Thanks
Mike
Hey Mike I would recommend that you use Ford replacement parts. There are a lot of parts interchangeable between the cars. If you have a bad motor you can change out them between the cars but make sure you replace the computers also. I put a new tune in my computer with the SCT module and a cold air kit. I get 25 mpg on the highway and SCT tells me I gained 10% hp and the cold air kit gives me 16 hp at 6000 rpm. Good luck Rick.

I put an SCT module in my 2004 - I just hope that I got the correct two wires. I don't drive hiway so my MPG is still 13-15. Is there any way to be positive that it is properly connected? Thx

The module I bought allowed me to put it in the car and download the information on the car. Then I plugged it into my Home Computer and had SCT download a special program into my computer and then downloaded it into the cars computer. So I still have the factory tune in the module so I can put it back in the car. I probably won’t because I enjoy the performance of the car now. This program also allows me to fine tune the program. Good luck Rick.

The module I bought allowed me to put it in the car and download the information on the car. Then I plugged it into my Home Computer and had SCT download a special program into my computer and then downloaded it into the cars computer. So I still have the factory tune in the module so I can put it back in the car. I probably won’t because I enjoy the performance of the car now. This program also allows me to fine tune the program. Good luck Rick.
I put an SCT module in my 2004 - I just hope that I got the correct two wires. I don't drive hiway so my MPG is still 13-15. Is there any way to be positive that it is properly connected? Thx

If you two could provide feedback regarding your SCT Tuner purchase in the performance thread, I would appreciate it!
https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...pgrades-2002-2003-2004-2005-thunderbird.5001/

Back