69 Tbird 429 engine,need water pmp

G
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
While in the process of replacing the power steering pump on 69 Tbird I bought two weeks ago. I found the two of the mounting bolt holes on water pump where the adjustment/support bracket for the power steering pump in bad shape. The bottom one is partially broken off. The top one is stripped. I cannot find a replacement water pump anywhere. Was told by the tech at Summit Racing it has to be off of a 69 with the 429 engine for the mounting bolts to match up. If anyone has one for sale or know where I could acquire one I would most appreciate it.

You could try thewrenchmonkey-dot-ca. P/N 5521132

I tried to buy a very hard to find part for my Buick Reatta. They showed it as in stock but then could not fill my request. You might have the same thing happen but if they have it, it's worth a shot.

Auto Zone lists a pump L58-206. You could check with them closer to home. If it's not the correct part it will be easier to return it to them.

NAPA P/N WP58206

That number (58206) appears to be a good number. Hopefully you can find one and it matches up with your needs.

While in the process of replacing the power steering pump on 69 Tbird I bought two weeks ago. I found the two of the mounting bolt holes on water pump where the adjustment/support bracket for the power steering pump in bad shape. The bottom one is partially broken off. The top one is stripped. I cannot find a replacement water pump anywhere. Was told by the tech at Summit Racing it has to be off of a 69 with the 429 engine for the mounting bolts to match up. If anyone has one for sale or know where I could acquire one I would most appreciate it.

I was never able to find a reman pump for my 69. Everybody listed them, but no body really had one.I had to order a rebuild kit and reman the pump myself. Not too difficult if you have access to a hydraulic press. Same problem with the alternator- It's unique in that the Solid State Voltage Regulator bolts to the back of the case.

Back