66 TBird wiring help

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hope someone can help. right behind the distributor and on the top of the engine block there is a connection nipple with a red with white wire coming off. Does anyone know what the wire is ???

Thanks, Tom

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My first thought was that location (rear of the engine, top of the block) is the oil sending unit. Then I looked at some wiring diagrams for the '66 Thunderbird. There is a red / white wire that shows in the transistorized ignition and it goes from the amplifier (through a harness) to the ballast resistor. Could that be the wire you are talking about? A picture would also be helpful if you could post it.

Unfortunately the diagrams also show a red-white wire for the water temp. sending unit and then a white-red wire for the oil sending unit. This is why I say a picture would be helpful.

Hope someone can help. right behind the distributor and on the top of the engine block there is a connection nipple with a red with white wire coming off. Does anyone know what the wire is ???

Thanks, Tom

The small threaded "hub" behind the distributor is the temp sending unit. It should have a red wire with a white stripe. The oil pressure sending unit should have a white wire with a red stripe.

Back