2002 Tbird - Kelsey Hayes Wire Rims as a Factory Option?

Spiderman

Spiderman

Last seen
I’m in contract to buy a 2002 Tbird Vin 1FAHP60A52Y126049. It is advertised as having the “optional Kelsey Hayes wire rims”, photos attached. I don’t think this was a factory option, it might have been a dealer option – not sure. I have not seen new wire wheels under the “Kelsey Hayes” brand on the internet in recent history. The wheels look like Dayton Wire Wheels: http://daytonwirewheels.com/t-bird.php

Can anyone shed light on if these wheels were produced by Kelsey Hayes as a factory option for the 2002 Tbird? tbird - 4.jpg tbird - 6.jpg

Attachments

• tbird - 7.jpg
    tbird - 7.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 3
  • tbird - 8.jpg
    tbird - 8.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 3
  • tbird - 9.jpg
    tbird - 9.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 4
I’m in contract to buy a 2002 Tbird Vin 1FAHP60A52Y126049. It is advertised as having the “optional Kelsey Hayes wire rims”, photos attached. I don’t think this was a factory option, it might have been a dealer option – not sure. I have not seen new wire wheels under the “Kelsey Hayes” brand on the internet in recent history. The wheels look like Dayton Wire Wheels: http://daytonwirewheels.com/t-bird.php

Can anyone shed light on if these wheels were produced by Kelsey Hayes as a factory option for the 2002 Tbird? View attachment 1126 View attachment 1127
I was a Ford Dealer in 2002 and I can assure you these were NOT a factory option.

Huskerpete, thank you for your response. I will check to see if the owner or dealer has the stock wheels. I like the look of the wire wheels, but it would be nice to also have the stock wheels.

Huskerpete, thank you for your response. I will check to see if the owner or dealer has the stock wheels. I like the look of the wire wheels, but it would be nice to also have the stock wheels.
I have an 8,000 mile '02 the same color blue. I think those wire wheels look nice on that car!

As @Huskerpete stated, those are aftermarket reproduction wheels like these 61-63 T-Bird Wheels below . @Quickdraw can probably tell more about the car based upon the VIN 1FAHP60A52Y126049n

The car will look better with whitewall tires to finish off the look. The wheels are very expensive.

kelseyHayswheels6copy.jpg

As @Huskerpete stated, those are aftermarket reproduction wheels like these 61-63 T-Bird Wheels below . @Quickdraw can probably tell more about the car based upon the VIN 1FAHP60A52Y126049n

The car will look better with whitewall tires to finish off the look. The wheels are very expensive.

View attachment 1133
Thanks, I do like the look of the whitewalls & will contact Quickdraw with the VIN

Can anyone shed light on if these wheels were produced by Kelsey Hayes as a factory option for the 2002 Tbird? View attachment 1126 View attachment 1127
I was engineer at Kelsey Hayes when wire wheel were made as an option but only for the Roadster in the 60's. Also they did not look anything like your picture. They were 48 spoke with spokes crossed. They were only 14 inch dia. and would likely not fit over disk brakes. Bottomline-none were options in 2002.

I was engineer at Kelsey Hayes when wire wheel were made as an option but only for the Roadster in the 60's. Also they did not look anything like your picture. They were 48 spoke with spokes crossed. They were only 14 inch dia. and would likely not fit over disk brakes. Bottomline-none were options in 2002.
Thank you for the information.

Thanks. I'm thinking if I can find 4 original factory stock wheels I will buy them. I like the look of the wire wheels & will not take them off. Just want to have all the original parts.

I realize that this is an old post, but I just switched out my original wheels for a set of wire wheels and if your still looking for a set of original wheels, I have a set that I would sell you. I love the look of the wire wheels on these old cars, so considering they no longer make direct fit wire wheels for T-Birds, I had to do a little creative adapting to get my old school style wheels to fit. I also have a set of 48 spoke crossed wired wheels that look almost exactly like Kelsey Hayes wires. They are not original Kelsey Hayes, but look very close. They are also 15", so adapters would have to be used. IMG_1409.JPG IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1409.JPG

Back