1988 Turbo issues

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
WickedChicken88

WickedChicken88

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My T-coupe was running fine but then started have an issue. It runs fine if I slowly throttle it up, but if I hard accelerate it starts popping and cracking and sputtering when it starts building boost. Once it hits 5lbs of boost it is really bad and will not build more than that. I noticed that the Boost control solenoid is cracked. Could that be the problem and where can I find another one?

My T-coupe was running fine but then started have an issue. It runs fine if I slowly throttle it up, but if I hard accelerate it starts popping and cracking and sputtering when it starts building boost. Once it hits 5lbs of boost it is really bad and will not build more than that. I noticed that the Boost control solenoid is cracked. Could that be the problem and where can I find another one?

That should be the boost problem. Look online and get a Gillis valve. If you want the stock part....possibly Ebay. I have parts, but mostly headlights and tail lights.

Ron
Ontario, California
626-253-5641

I have an 88 Turbo Coupe boost control solenoid. Give me a call.

Ron
626-253-5641

Back