Taking the leap!

MacasterJ
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Greetings! This is my first post and hopefully many more will follow. I am about to pull the trigger on a very clean, straight and mechanically sound 1965 Thunderbird with 65k original miles. It's been along time since I worked on cars so I am nervous about getting back into the . But this day and age with the internet, YouTube and these forums I should be able to take care of most things as long as I have some patience. I have al aye wanted a classic car and this will be a fun project to work on with my 15 year old son. Will post pics when I bring her home this weekend.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Take plenty of notes and photos as you work on the 'Bird. Remember to preserve or photograph any factory markings.
Buy and read the shop manual for your car and also for the 64 and 66 models, they are not all the same and some contain information which is useful but not included in all manuals for each generation of Thunderbirds. Keep us informed of your progress and don't hesitate to ask questions.
John W. 60 HT

Take plenty of notes and photos as you work on the 'Bird. Remember to preserve or photograph any factory markings.
Buy and read the shop manual for your car and also for the 64 and 66 models, they are not all the same and some contain information which is useful but not included in all manuals for each generation of Thunderbirds. Keep us informed of your progress and don't hesitate to ask questions.
John W. 60 HT
Thanks John! I pulled the trigger on the car today and I am very excited about her. I plan to order the manuals this week just to have. Right now she is running well but I am sure I will need them eventually.

Back