lowering

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you cut the springs you will have the same amount of weight on less coils and you may bottom out the suspension easier and more frequently. Your best bet is to go to a good Hot Rod Shop and see if they make a lowering kit for you T-Bird. I think that the Fox Body Mustangs use the same suspension and you may be able to buy something from Ford, Steeda, or any Mustang suspension company. Remember the springs have a rating to them and that rating is figured out by the number coils and the height of the spring, if you change the height of the spring and don't change the rating you will have a handling problem. Good Luck ........

I'm new. I am looking for the same thing myself. I have found these which are supposed to fit. They are speaking about Cougars and T-Birds - no mention of Mustang compatibility. Vogtland® - 1.57" x 1.57" Sport Front and Rear Lowering Coil Spring Kit. About 1.5" should be good level. But I'm lookin for more information.

Our Birds are built on the Lincoln mk VIII. I got this information from the guys at Summit Racing. I hope this information helps you. Sonnysixkiller

I'm new. I am looking for the same thing myself. I have found these which are supposed to fit. They are speaking about Cougars and T-Birds - no mention of Mustang compatibility. Vogtland® - 1.57" x 1.57" Sport Front and Rear Lowering Coil Spring Kit. About 1.5" should be good level. But I'm lookin for more information.

They are great, I installed them on my 97, the car looks great, a little too low on the rear, but is level, just be prepared for a slightly stiffer ride, and is harder to get in and out of the car, I guess I'm getting too old for that

Back