Ford Thunderbird Trademark 2018 Ford Thunderbird?

tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Some interesting news, Ford Motor Company applied for a standard character trademark for Thunderbird on May 11th, 2016. Does this mean a 2018 Ford Thunderbird is on the horizon? The 65th anniversary of the car will be here before you know it, so it would be pretty amazing to have a 2020 Ford Thunderbird 65th Anniversary edition!

If you follow technology, trademark filings are often followed to give some insight into what the next products for Apple are, so this is definitely promising, but right now, it's all speculation as to why they applied for the trademark.

Comment below with your thoughts! Also, Click the Google +1 button and Facebook Recommend button at the bottom of the thread to spread the word!

thunderbird-forum.jpg

Last edited:
Does the trademark for the current line expire at some point, which might also be why this was filed? If not I'm all over it and am about to stand inline for the 2020 (or sooner!) release! Let the speculation fly! Anyone out there good with photo shop? Let's see what people can come up with regarding the new design...

Some interesting news, Ford Motor Company applied for a standard character trademark for Thunderbird on May 11th, 2016. Does this mean a 2018 Ford Thunderbird is on the horizon? The 65th anniversary of the car will be here before you know it, so it would be pretty amazing to have a 2020 Ford Thunderbird 65th Anniversary edition!

If you follow technology, trademark filings are often followed to give some insight into what the next products for Apple are, so this is definitely promising, but right now, it's all speculation as to why they applied for the trademark.

Comment below with your thoughts! Also, Click the Google +1 button and Facebook Recommend button at the bottom of the thread to spread the word!

View attachment 496

It would be nice to see a 65th Anniversary Edition provided FMC did is right. Maybe the Mustang platform in convertible only with no back seat, big V8, Auto or Multi Speed Stick, lots of bells yet under $45k

Anyone out there good with photo shop? Let's see what people can come up with regarding the new design...
I've created several feasible and realistic appearing never-made (but should'a been) concept images looking as if the factory might have made them. This includes a rendition of what a modern Cougar might look like today. And I would love to create my own vision of a modern T-Bird, but recently discovering I wouldn't be truly allowed to show it.

I'm recently finding out, that even if created only for fun or for "what if" novelty discussion as this, people apparently have to be real careful as not to infringe on the copyrights of the original base images being manipulated, and use of any trademark of the brand name in merely showing or displaying their concept idea within an image if not based from a totally free stock image (if a suitable one is found for the intent). I'm also told by some peers that you cannot even title or describe your own rendition of T-Bird concept, as a T-Bird, as that would infringe the trademarked name. How do others get away with it? I don't know, it seems one needs to study law nowadays as well as practice their chosen form of artwork.

Sketch artists, painters and digital painters are seemingly allowed to publicly show their own renditions if created from scratch, but for photo-editors & digital manipulation artists whether it's actually okay for them to display their images on a public forum or not is all pending the copyrights of the base image(s) used for the manipulations to create the new concept.

Anymore, it's not so simple as finding an image through google-search to manipulate into your own concept idea. I would love to continue creating my concepts, and display them for discussion of the proposed design idea. However, I've had to simply quit creating these photomanipulated concepts as I do not wish the intent for them to be further misinterpreted.

So... If someone knows more than what I have described being told, please correct me in what we are or are not allowed to do for a mere "what if" intent.

I have a 2005 and I will place a deposit now for the next T Bird. But as I enter my eighth decade PLEASE Please make it a retractable hard top You guys made the first now PLEASE make the best.

View attachment 496

Hum! I didn't see that one. But it Doesn't say T-Bird. You it only cost something like $49 to file for a TM. Weather you get one is another thing. LOL.

Ford only did this to protect the name. It was only a few years back one of the
American automakers let one of their trademarks expire and a Japanese automaker
took the name.

A retractable hard top would smother GM corvette sales....I would have my $$$ ready to purchase immediately......Love my 2004,, but I have room for two...

Attachments

• scan0002.pdf
    189.5 KB · Views: 1
Back