1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

Album: My 1962 Full Custom

My name is Johnny and this is my 1962 T-Bird. The car has been chopped aprox 2.5 inches, lowered. Roof insert from a Mercury station wagon. Quarters all modified to get rid of the rubber seal. Exhaust through the rear bumper. Hood scoop smothed and peaked. Hand made custom grill. Every panel on this car has been modified. Some stainless had to be hand formed and all of it had to be modified to fit the fenders and the chop. Work was done in 2008 at Altissimo Restorations in American Canyon Ca. And Oil Farm Customs in Napa Ca. Engine is the original 390 with a factory six pack that is OEM but not original to this car. Acu Air suspension with 4 link in the rear. Paint is house of Colors Burple with Ice Crystals in the lower and large flake in the roof. Interior is off white with purple accents. Headliner is purple suede. Dash was purple leather but has faded to a blue, that actually ties into the pinstripe in the roof so it doesn't look too far out of place. This car has been a driver for me. I have shown it at many small to medium size local shows and won many awards with it. This last year we stepped up to some larger shows. We took it to the Benedict Castle Concourse where it was hand selected to be in the coral area and was selected to be one of the top 10 car in the event competing against at least one Riddler winer. We just won fist place Radical custom hard top 1960 and up at the 2017 Grand National Roadster show. So its doing well for a 10 year old build that I drive to work all the time. We plan on showing next at the Sacramento Autorama if they are not filled up. December was the due date to register, but I really didn't think about it until this week, so we will see if there is space. I hope you like it. Cheers!

My 1962 Full Custom

Updated Jan 31, 2017 - Taken at Napa, CA, United States
2017 Grand National Roadster Show  
Loading Photos......
Loading Photos......
Lowflyer
My name is Johnny and this is my 1962 T-Bird. The car has been chopped aprox 2.5 inches, lowered. Roof insert from a Mercury station wagon. Quarters all modified to get rid of the rubber seal. Exhaust through the rear bumper. Hood scoop smothed and peaked. Hand made custom grill. Every panel on this car has been modified. Some stainless had to be hand formed and all of it had to be modified to fit the fenders and the chop. Work was done in 2008 at Altissimo Restorations in American Canyon Ca. And Oil Farm Customs in Napa Ca. Engine is the original 390 with a factory six pack that is OEM but not original to this car. Acu Air suspension with 4 link in the rear. Paint is house of Colors Burple with Ice Crystals in the lower and large flake in the roof. Interior is off white with purple accents. Headliner is purple suede. Dash was purple leather but has faded to a blue, that actually ties into the pinstripe in the roof so it doesn't look too far out of place. This car has been a driver for me. I have shown it at many small to medium size local shows and won many awards with it. This last year we stepped up to some larger shows. We took it to the Benedict Castle Concourse where it was hand selected to be in the coral area and was selected to be one of the top 10 car in the event competing against at least one Riddler winer. We just won fist place Radical custom hard top 1960 and up at the 2017 Grand National Roadster show. So its doing well for a 10 year old build that I drive to work all the time. We plan on showing next at the Sacramento Autorama if they are not filled up. December was the due date to register, but I really didn't think about it until this week, so we will see if there is space. I hope you like it. Cheers!
Taken at Napa, CA, United States

Actions

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!