1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

Album: Custom Hidden Hitch for Retro Bird

When I bought my Retro Bird, I was living in Michigan and spending Winters in Florida. I knew I needed more room to carry "stuff" to Florida and back, so I built a trailer for that purpose and added a hitch to my 2002 T'Bird. I used the U-Haul 24705 hitch, but modified it into a hidden hitch design. I cut the receiver box off the hitch, welded it to a plate, and made it completely removable.

Custom Hidden Hitch for Retro Bird

Bike Carrier  
Cart Carrier  
Custom Trailer  
Loading Photos......
Loading Photos......
cobrajeff
When I bought my Retro Bird, I was living in Michigan and spending Winters in Florida. I knew I needed more room to carry "stuff" to Florida and back, so I built a trailer for that purpose and added a hitch to my 2002 T'Bird. I used the U-Haul 24705 hitch, but modified it into a hidden hitch design. I cut the receiver box off the hitch, welded it to a plate, and made it completely removable.
Taken at White Lake, White Lake charter Township, MI, United States
  1. wthigpen likes this.
  2. vita powlison
    vita powlison
    OWIEEEE that hurts my feelings. Im impressed though at your ingenuity.
  3. wthigpen
    wthigpen
    Looks fantastic! I've looked everywhere and can't find a trailer hitch for my 05 retro bird. Any suggestions????? Thanks in advance.

Actions

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!