Ziebart Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
R
Last seen
Many months ago the topic of treatment for salt for the chasis was discussed. At the time, I wasn't in snow country with lots of salt. Now I am. Is it worth the $130+ to have them put this on? They say it comes with a 10 year guarantee.

IMHO Don't do it, it isn't necessary and it might do more harm than good. I haven't seen a sign of rust on any of my Ford products since 1978.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

frown.gif
RACERRAGER, all I can tell you about this is that my body man , for the last 20yrs, told me back in 1987 that when he gets cars in to do work on that the ones with this done to them have MORE rust then the ones that don't. He said what happens a lot of times is that the coating will get some hair line cracks in it and the water gets in there and it can't evaporate. This causes the rust. He said with the way newer cars are painted there is no need for this coating anymore. Just clean the drain plugs in the body once a year and that is all that is needed. I haven't had this done to one new car since then. I think it is a waste of $$ plus if you are keeping the car for a long time then the rust may show up sooner.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

All cars built nowdays are completely submerged into a tank of primer (after being submerged in cleaning and etching solutions) and electrically charged to make the paint bond to all the metal, inside and out. Not much chance for rust to start unless undercoating is sprayed on which can provide places to trap moisture and road chemicals and salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back