Zaino Testimonial

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I just have to let you know about Zaino. In the 35 some odd years that I have been waxing/polishing cars I have NEVER, repeat NEVER, come across a system like this one. It is absolutly amazing. I have tried most, if not all, of the major waxes/polishes/systems, including but not limited to, Meguire's, Mothers, Zymoil, Classic (carnuba), Eagle One, many Turtle waxes, NuFinish and Apple Polishing Systems (telfon, professionally applied).

I didn't think that I had much orange peel in my paint, WRONG. This stuff leaves such a high gloss that it really shows it up, unfortunately. But none the less, I love it.

The first application is a lot of work. However, I feel that the subsquent applications will be a breeze. This is the second day that I have been working on it. Yesterday I washed it with Dawn, claybared it (amazing what that takes off, even when you think you have the car clean), washed again with the Z7 carwash, applied 2 coats of the Z5 Swirl and Scratch remover and one coat of the Z2 final finish, using Z6 Ultra-Clean gloss enhancer between each coat of Z5 and Z2, finishing with the Z6.

Today I applied another coat of Z2. I am waiting for it to dry and will apply another coat of Z6.

My guess is that I am going to use the Z5 again on the trunk where I have those buff/sanding marks from the factory. I think that I will be able to make them totally disappear with the Z5. Fortunately you can go back and forth between the Z5 and Z2 as ofter as you need to.

Even though this stuff is expensive, I was able to do each coat with only one ounce and it comes in 16oz. bottles, lots of coats there.

I HIGHLY suggest you give it a try, I am totally sold on this product. The only thing that remains to be seen is how long it lasts. In the FL sun, the best I have ever seen is about 3 months (Classic and Apple).

If you decide to try it this is what you will need. Z2(finial finish), Z5 (scratch & swril remover), Z6 (ultra-clean gloss enhancer), Z7 (wash), Z18 (clay bar) and the 314 applicators (not needed but I found them very easy to use) and some either Cannon or Fieldcrest 100% American made 100% white cotton full size bath towels (I got six and needed that many to do the job properly, my wife found them at WalMart).

I am definately going to do our Escape with this stuff, that ought to be a real joy, I'll need a step ladder in order to do the top, for joy, for joy.

Give it try.

Joe

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

RTBRD, I've had it on my Blue Bird since about February and it still looks great and is very, very easy to clean the bugs off. did you use the Z1 or the ZFX? I could never find if that was really needed. though I used it, other than helping it cure. If the weather was warm enough, could we do with out it? TRCRUISER was up last weekend had he hadn't waxed his car yet and what a difference. Well, i know the smiles per mile will go up now. Enjoy, John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

John,

I used the ZFX without the Z1. They state on their website that it is a replacement/substitute for the Z1, eventhough I bought the Z1. Anyone need some?

Just took the Z2 off and I am getting ready to do the Z6 again, this stuff is amazing. I have never had a black car (3 of'em) look this good.

One of the nicest things about it is no white powder build up in the crevices.

If you use the Z1, it is one more step (took me about 45 min. to do the entire car) and adds to the drying time. I am satisfied with the results without it.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Edit:

Added two full smilies, this is definately 5 full smiley stuff!

-

Well, I just finished the second coat of Z2 and the final misting of Z6, got the car out front in the full light and lo and behold I don't think I will have to do any more. I could not detect the marks in the trunk at all. All I can say is amazing. Full thumbs up.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by RTBRD:
could not detect the marks in the trunk at all. All I can say is amazing. Full thumbs up.
biggrin.gif

My three year old took a rock down the side of my new sable, some surface, some deep. My wife's brother who owns a tow truck/body shop/ service spent about 30 minutes and got it out. How he did it, I'll never know, but you can't tell it was scratched at all.

Tbird

I put six coats of Zaino on when I first got my T-Bird in December. It still shines like a show car and has held up well - even in the hot Florida sun!

I am also fully in the Zaino camp. I have it on my black Bird and I think it looks great.

Tom M

Well, I've been resisting buying this stuff as I have been happy with the stuff I have been using for a couple of years. A mico brewed wax and other products. You guys are making this Zaino stuff sound so good, I have to give it a try. One question. I have developed a lot of light scratch marks because I am constantly wiping off finger prints (My bird is Black). We are having a drought here in Northern New Jersey so I can't "leaglly" wash the car myself. I have been to brushless, touchless and hand car washes and don't like any of them. So I have been usiing a California Duster and detail spray almost every day. Will the Zaino take out those light scratch marks? If it does I will be a happy convert.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

Thanks Dave, that says it all , I'll give it a try

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

57 bluebird,

You can use the Z5 scratch and swirl remover to remove the scratches and then finish with the Z2. If you still can see the scratches, go back over it with the Z5. You can switch between the Z5 and Z2 as often as you like, however, they state in the directions not to apply more that 3 coats in any 24 hour period.

I had some buff/sanding marks on the trunk from the factory and two coats of the Z5 and two of the Z2 made them invisible.

-

I have to agree, this stuff is great. I was a faithful Meguiar's user and even did the TBird last fall. But, two weeks ago, went through the whole prep procedure with Dawn and the clay bar, then I applied two coats of Z5 and one coat of Z2 and the finish looks like glass. The Z6 is a great compliment to everything as well. Still haven't even washed it since I applied it. Just regular dusting of the car with the duster.

RTBRD, Your story could be mine exactly, even the dates, except for two things. One, I have been waxing for 60 years, not 35, and two, I probably screwed up by not using Z-5. I figured there wasn't any swirl marks on the car so why use it. From your story I think I should have. I have now put on one coat of Z-1, 2 coats of Z-2 and 3 coats of Z-6. I was going to put on one more coat of Z-2 and one more of Z-6 before I leave for California next week, but maybe I had better get a bottle of Z-5 and put it on first. I also got Z-9 and Z-10 for the leather and interior and Z-16 for the tires.These products also are great. My wife say's I can now throw away the two thousnad dollars worth of polish, wax. rubbing compounds, etc., that I have accumulatesd over the last 60 years. What's your thought on applying Z-5 this late in the game? Thanks! Hobobob

They say you can go back and forth between the Z5 and Z2 as many times as you feel are needed to get rid of any swirls/scratches but always finish with the Z2/Z6.

I got the leather cleaner/finish and the tire dressing but have not used them yet. If they work like all the other stuff, things ought to look right nice upon completion.
biggrin.gif

Joe,

I've been using Zaino products on all our cars here in Florida for the past 3 years or so. I KNOW you will be completely satisfied with how long it lasts, but I find that once the initial steps are out of the way, it's not that big a deal to Z5/Z2 in less than an hour. Depending on how much rain we get, I do our cars every 10-12 weeks or so, a bit longer during the dry spells.

Welcome to the T-Bird Zaino believers club!!

KB

Now you got me going. I looked at the web site and low and behold this stuff is made right here in Jersey. That's good and bad. I e-mailed them and they said I would have to come to their dealer (near the factory) to pick it up. They don't ship from there. It's about a little over an hour ride for me, but I have to find the time to get there. If Hobo Bob is coming to the Convention I have to really get my cars to shine before he sees them.

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

For all you Zaino converts, can you see where you've applied the product like a light haze? I bought Klasse but I could not see my application for removal. Most annoying! I prefer my Meguires 26 cos it dries and I can see to buff it off. Let me know Zaino gurus.

Here is my experience (today) with the "visable haze" question--

I have a new triple black. First I washed it with Dawn detergent; then used the clay bar; washed it again with Dawn; applied Z-1 (it didn't haze much and was somewhat hard to see); applied Z-2 polish (this did haze enough to see). At this point, it was getting late and things weren't dry yet, so I am waiting until tomorrow to buff. Hope this helps.

retrobrd,

When I first started to apply it on the roof (small 2' x 2' section), I could not see where it was after being applied. From that point on I applied it a little heavier and then had no problem seeing where it was in order to take off. Even using the heavier application I was able to do the entire car with just 1 ounce. BTW, I also have a black car, it might be more difficult to see with the white, yellow and blue cars.

I also found that using the Z6 between coats of Z2/Z5, although not necessary, really improved the finish, it removes any residue left after buffing off the Z2/Z5. Be sure to have several (I had 6) full size white cotton bath towels. When removing the haze you have to be sure to have a clean section of towel or it will not get all the residue off properly.

sauernote,

Did you remove the Z1? It says in the directions to leave the Z1 on and apply the Z2 or Z5 over it, therefore the lack of haze is not a problem. Also, did you use the ZFX accelerator, even with the high humidity here in FL the compounds dried in less than an hour. They state not to apply any product to a hot surface but once applied the car can be moved into the sun to aid in drying.

Next up is the new Escape and then the real challenge, the daughters black '95 Civic, which has not had a coat of wax in years. It is pretty oxidized so I am going to contact Zaino first to see if there is any extra prep that should be performed on heavily oxidized paint. This will be a month or more down the line but I will report back with the results, good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back