Zaino Bros system, should I or Should I not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by DavidA:
NMJeff: ZFX is an accellorator that is used with Z-2. I calles for 4 drops/oz of Z-2. Z-1 is an enhancment/bonder that you put on before using the Z-2/ZFX conbination. You put it on, let it get hazy and apply the z-2 directly over it without taking the Z-1 off. If you want more info, try reading the Zaino page at www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm

I have already read the entire website, which is why I'm curious as to why you used Z-1 and ZFX. According the the website, Z-1 does not have to be used if you use ZFX. Here is a quote directly from the website:

"ZFX™ can be used with any of our Show Car Polish products, including Z-2, Z-3 and Z-5. Plus, ZFX™ makes using Z-1 PreLok unnecessary on cars that have been clayed and thoroughly cleaned with Dawn dishwashing liquid."

-

I hope that you do not have to use Z-1. I orderd the system and only ordered the ZFX to use with the Z-2 aand Z-5. I seemed to work great. (three coats Z-1, Z-5, & Z-1). The other day after leaving home, I went threw some rain for about a mile, and then it stoped. By the time I got to were i was going (maybe 5 more miles) the car was as dry as could be, and a little cleaner to boot.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

You're right -- I missed that and took the extra step. Oh well, the car looks great anyway. I did the top later than the car and didn't use the ZFX on it, but did use the Z-1. Thanks for poiinting that out to me. Just to let you know,the Z-1 is easy to use and really didn't take that do. It just wipes on and leave it on.

Guys,

It is my understanding that ZFX reduces the drying time between coats. There should be no difference in shine. Using the Z-1/Z-5/2 combo takes a few hours to dry whereas using the ZFX cuts drying time to under an hour.

PS...Yellowthunder, how 'bout posting the pics of our two cars together. Still haven't got our new computer yet.

Thanks,

KB

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back