Zaino Bros system, should I or Should I not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished with Zanio yesterday. it looks great. But i have to say, what made all the difference was using the clay bar on the car. Once that was done and a wash with their car wash, the car looked great. I had made up just over an once of the polish and it took it all, but got it all done too. Though in doing this I found more dirt in the paint and my first rock chip on the hood. Small, but I know it's there.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Charliefed

the one thing I would strongly recommend is a bra for the front end. I got my first concrete chip (bigger than a rock) 10 days after I got the car, when driving back to the dealer to pick up the plates. I now have the dealer-accessory bra on the front (comes in 2 parts and has a nice bluebird logo embroidered, so looks very good on the blue/blue). It's a bit of a pain to put on-take off, but I wish I had it from day 1. Also, it distracts from the fact that the car isn't wearing her front license plate.

Chris, thanks for the tip, I hadn't considered a bra for my blue bird before. The thought of rock damage is making me reconsider. I'm glad I live in SC where only a rear plate is required, guess I'm in the minority.

Howlee,
I am curious to know how easy it was to detail your car. How long it took, any preperation involved. I just ordered my Zaino by mail and was looking for any feedback or hints you could give.

Thanks
Rich
Yellow Premium Full Accent

Yellow,

If you want to see the end result I'd be more than happy to meet up with you. I used Zaino on my car as soon as I got her home 3 weeks ago. Spent most of the day going through the steps, but it's basically a one time deal.

Good luck

KB

I used Zaino Brothers Z-1 SHOW CAR POLISH LOK PRE-CLEANER AND GLOSS CONDITIONER and Z-2 SHOW CAR POLISH FOR CLEAR COATED FINISHES on my Black Bird last weekend. I'm a first time user of Zaino products. My car really shines like a mirror. Standing next to the car in my garage, I'm able to read the product labels for the stuff I have stored on garage shelves, reflected by the Bird's paint. Don't know that I explained that well - - - The car has a beautiful deep shine after just one application of cleaner and polish.
I'm very pleased with the results.

------------------
Triple Black
Premium

Well, today was the day! I used the clay bar, Z-1 prep and 2 coats of Z-2 with the activator. All were surprisingly easy to put on and take off. The results are amazing. The black looks deep and wet. I'm very happy with the way the car looks.

I just finished up "zainoing" my black TBird today also. I did 3 coats, it does look really great.

Personally I think Zaino makes about the best wax out there. But that's just my unscientific opinion based on my personal experiences. I have gotten good results with Mother's California wax also.

My personal feeling is that the preparation is what's critical for the best results. The "best" wax, put on poorly, would probably give worse results than a cheapy used properly.

Tom M.

For those of you who have already used the Zaino system, how many of you opted for the ZFX versus the Z-1? The website indicates that the ZFX is the new additive for Z-2/Z-5 used instead of a coat of Z-1 and I was wondering if most of you decided to use the new technology. ZFX is also supposed to reduce waiting time between multiple applications and I would like to know of your personal experiences.

NMJeff:

I used the ZFX, it's way faster than using the Z-1. Highly recommended.

Tom M

I used the Zaino System on my Yellow Bird last weekend. I went through the instructions following them to the letter.
When I called Zaino Bros and asked them what I should use. Z1 or the new ZFX they suggested I use the new ZFX. I took their suggestion and applied the ZFX after washing the car with Dawn dish detergent, Then using their claybar on the car to remove any contaminents. Then re washing the car with their Zaino Car Wash. Thoroughly drying the car with my 100% made in U.S.A. Bath towels. My wife thought I was nuts washing the car thoroughly again after washing it thoroughly the first time. But I followed the instructions to the letter, leaving no step undone. Now it was time to apply my first coat of Z-2 polish with the ZFX accelerater. I mixed up just under 2 ounces and was amazed at how smooth it went on. I waited about 45 minutes and toweled it off. Then I went over the car with the spray Polish enhancer. After that I put another coat of Z-2 on and towel dried the car. I took a photo of the car when I had just finished Washing it with The Zaino Car Wash,and another after I had applied the second coat of Z-2. Unfortunately I did not get the same exact angle with the camera, but believe me this stuff really works. I just finished the same process with my Red 99 Beetle and I can't believe the results. The car actually looks wet it is so shiny.
I will post the pictures of the bird here http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst click on New Rides , Yellow Thunder
Let me know what you think
Rich

I also used Zaino, but used Z-1 after the claybar then ZFX with Z-2. I used their carwash and 2 coats of the Z-2. It was easy and the car looks great. It's terrific stuff.

------------------
#1429 Black Premium with Full Red Interior.

Originally posted by DavidA:
I also used Zaino, but used Z-1 after the claybar then ZFX with Z-2. I used their carwash and 2 coats of the Z-2. It was easy and the car looks great. It's terrific stuff.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

DavidA:

So you used both the Z-1 and ZFX even though the ZFX is supposed to be used in place of Z-1?

Also, I forgot to ask in my earlier post, did all of you use the Show Car Polish on the wheels, plastic lenses and chrome on the car as the website suggests?

I applied coats of Meguiar's pure polish and #26 wax in December before I put it in storage. I've always used Meguiar's but based on all of your endorsements, I'm going to place my order for the Zaino system tomorrow. Thanks again for the feedback!

NMJeff: ZFX is an accellorator that is used with Z-2. I calles for 4 drops/oz of Z-2. Z-1 is an enhancment/bonder that you put on before using the Z-2/ZFX conbination. You put it on, let it get hazy and apply the z-2 directly over it without taking the Z-1 off. If you want more info, try reading the Zaino page at www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm

rolleyes.gif
It will be interesting to see , if we all stick to what we are using now, what the differance in our finishes will be in 2 or 3 years. The Klasse verse the Zaino or whatever you are using.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

-

A lot of it will have to do with exposure too. My car sits outside in the Georgia weather all day and only sees a garage at night. Northern sun is quite different than that here in the south but the fall & winters are not as severe. I will say this, my car hasn't looked better since I got it in mid October. It was one of those sent back to the factory, so I'm sure it sat in the Michigan sun from the day it was built in June, until I got it. Zaino is the best I've seen and makes the black look amazing.

DavidA, Well the south has the sun and the north has the salt in winter. We'll just have to wait and see in 2 or 3 years. I'm not sure what is worse, the salt or the sun.
confused.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Just to put in another brand in, I have been using FORMULA 113 for about 3 years and am very satisified. It is much less complicated then Zanio Bros. I used it on my '55 bird and use it now on my '57 and '02. They have a varity of products and it is micro brewed. I haven't used Zaino soI am not knocking them, just offering what I use. I don't think I could get a deeper shine. Here is the web site http://www.formula113.com/

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(just sold it)

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back