Zaino Bros system, should I or Should I not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading up on the Zaino Bros system. And it seems to do a great job.

My concerns are the seemingly permanent aspects of the system and the difficulty of taking it off if necessary without having the finish damaged.

Further what about the warranty or any future touch ups god forbid I should get a major ding.

I would like to get the finish on my blue/blue to look 110% but I am concerned.

Your advice would be of value.

Erict, there was a recent topic "Zaino Polish" which has the answers to most (or all) of your questions. I moved it to the top so you can find it easily. In addition to Zaino, others such as Klasse are discussed.

EricT, I used the zaino system on my blue/blue last weekend for the first time and I coundn't be happier. The car has a deep rich shine that I've never been able to achieve on other cars using wax and a whole lot more elbow grease!
cool.gif

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium
Full Interior Accent
Production #3944 VIN#3847
" Gotta Love It "

I'm getting ready to use Zaino Z5 and Z6 on my black bird this weekend. I'll post the results when i finish.

DavidB,

If you could get some before and after pictures showing a reflection of something, say on the hood or roof, it would be interesting. Maybe a photograph or a coffee mug with some type of emblem on it to show off the reflection.

Just an idea, it might help those who are deciding what to use get a feel for what to expect.

Erict I don't have the Zaino sys. but I will be using the Klasse sys. on mine this weekend. Will let you know how it works. I did the hood of my 97 F-150 this week and it looks really great.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

biggrin.gif
jodrod, WILL DO. Will post before and after pics. on yahoo. IF THERE IS A DIFFERANCE!!

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

i just spent 75 bucks on zaino stuff. so it should be ariving at my door in a week or so. ill give my review then, but ive seen it work on other cars, specificly a friend of mine has a mystic cobra and WOW what a difference, he was using meguires and now he wont use anything else.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

If anyone else can think of something else that also might show up on camera please post it here. I am going to start Sarurday morning .Just in case the cup doesn't come out right I might have some alternatives.

DavidB,

Goto the following:

Photos

In the "New_Rides" folder open "jodrod's..." and look at the last picture "For Pooh...", it is on the lower right hand side of the page. This may give you some ideas, it was taken with a digital camera.

-

jodrod,

That looks like a pretty good finish. What did you use on it?

DavidB,

A Gator helmet clock.
rolleyes.gif
No, seriously, I took that picture one or two days after delivery and that is what it looked like from the dealer. At that point nothing, to my knowledge, had been applied.

-

Hmmm...I believe I'll get a Gator Helmet clock if it will make my car shine. That's funny!

I'm not used to keeping a car up, but I am doing pretty good on my W/W Bird. I have picked up a few rock pecks.

Does anyone have an exterior maintenance schedule of sorts to follow? It's obvious that ya'll are using what seems to be advanced products and numerous applications.

I'll be back to check this post in a while, I'm headed for Wal-Mart to get that Gator Helmet clock....

Mark501

-

Well i finished putting two coats of Zaino Z5 today. I took some pictures before and after but I don't think they're worth posting, they look the same, but the factory finish was only two weeks old. I did notice though that the Zaino has a very very smooth feel to it. Kind of like teflon.

biggrin.gif
I finished putting on the Klasse yesterday, took some before and after pics, but like DavidB
frown.gif
can't tell any differance in the pictures. But you can tell a differance in the paint. The blue seems to look a little deeper in color and a more wet look to the paint. Think I'll do the 69 Vette today while watching the NASCAR race.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Like Erict, I'm unsure what system is best. I am leaning toward Klasse (found a internet source klassedirect.com). My blue/blue full blue will be built next week. Should I plan to apply a finish like Klasse immediately, or is it best to wait awhile? I've read several posts where new owners waited for a dry day to take delivery...what's that about?

I've been on the waiting list (3 of 4) since I saw the yellow bird at the Detroit Auto show in January 1999.....I'm just a little excited !!

Charlie,

Many on the board bought the car as a weekend fun car and have no intention of driving it daily therefore they want to keep it out of the weather.

Per WixomPooh, the paint has fully cured by the time it has left the factory so it is perfectly ok to apply a polish/wax when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back