Z-Plan for 2002 T-Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seeing me at my mailbox would have thought that I was having a fit! When I read the card from Ford that the 2002 T-Birds were available on the Z-Plan effective Nov. 12,2002 through March 31,2003,this BALD HEADED FORD RETIREE threw my cap on the ground and jumped up and down on it. I was so upset that I threatened to quit buying any Ford products. I paid over 41000 for not 1 but 2 2002 Birds and now they want to sell them on the Z-plan. Whats up with this? 3 dealers told me they would NEVER be on the plan. I will never buy another Ford that is not on the plan. If its not available I don't need it. I'm glad that I have my Bird, but it sure was expensive.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I understand your frustration. I just returned from picking up my 2003 T-Bird. My dealer told me that Ford opened the A/Z plan up do to an overstock of 2002 birds on dealer lots. My dealer has 2 Red, 1 White, 2 Blue and 4 black 02 birds. They also have 1 Gray 2003 and my Red 03 Bird.

The A-Plan is for active Ford employee's and the Z-Plan is for retired Ford employee's. There basicly the same.

------------------
TBird2003
No bird yet! But got one on order.

Originally posted by tbird2003:
I understand your frustration. I just returned from picking up my 2003 T-Bird. My dealer told me that Ford opened the A/Z plan up do to an overstock of 2002 birds on dealer lots. My dealer has 2 Red, 1 White, 2 Blue and 4 black 02 birds. They also have 1 Gray 2003 and my Red 03 Bird.

tbird2003,
Would you tell me the name of your dealer, I want to look at the Gray 03. I live in North Olmsted.
Thank you,
Thirdbird

Originally posted by thirdbird:

tbird2003,
Would you tell me the name of your dealer, I want to look at the Gray 03. I live in North Olmsted.
Thank you,
Thirdbird

ThirdBird:

Check out Mike Bass Ford. Ask for Robert "Boss" Hogg. Tell him Kurt Moskal sent you. As of last night the Gray Bird was on the lot. It also has the “Saddle” Leather seats. I don't believe it's spoken for yet.

Thanks

------------------
TBird2003
03 Torch Red with Perf. White Top and Full Red Accent

-

Our northern canadian ford dealer has one black/black hard top left at $6000 below MSRP, This is in a small town so in the larger centers the 02 deals are clearly out there. It seems almost like an initial stock offering where after circulation the prices are dropping. Add into the equation the inevitable Repos marriage breakups etc. etc. and prices will drop before they rise.
this however should expand the exposure and create collectors- down the road. If not-life is short- drive well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back