Xpel covering for sail panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of you who are ordering the X-Pel, Scotchcal kit should be aware that the kit is precut to fit the sail panel. It does not come pre-cut to fit each side of the panel around to the doors. There is enough surplus Scotchcal in the kit to do the sides. However, they must be hand cut for each side.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm suppose to take delivery of my New 2003 T-Bird in the first or second week of December. Put me down for an X-pel Sail Panel Kit. I'm in West Texas and there are no X-pel installers in the area. I have contacted the factory in San Antonio and will soon be taking there training course. I am waiting to take the New T-Bird with me. I was told I could install my own Kits with the direct help of a factory instructor. After I take the course and practice on my own Bird, if anyone needs help in the West Texas area I will be available.

Originally posted by John:
I'm suppose to take delivery of my New 2003 T-Bird in the first or second week of December. Put me down for an X-pel Sail Panel Kit. I'm in West Texas and there are no X-pel installers in the area. I have contacted the factory in San Antonio and will soon be taking there training course. I am waiting to take the New T-Bird with me. I was told I could install my own Kits with the direct help of a factory instructor. After I take the course and practice on my own Bird, if anyone needs help in the West Texas area I will be available.

If I'm misinformed correct me -- but wasn't the problem that has caused the installation of the x-pel kit relegated to ONLY the 2002 Tbird sail panel-- as the 2003 was to have some kind of stainless steel
strip on the sail panel to "fix" the problem? Therefore why by a kit- that probably won't fit for a problem not there?

koko bird - The factory toyed with the idea of a stainless steel strip on the 03 model and installed it on a few test models, but the probelms were a many so the idea was shelved and the 03's will have the same problem as the 02's.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

tbird - sent you a private message...I will take the sail panel and rear bumper kit...please email me with the details.

Thanks!

Flair

For those of you that might have difficulty with installing these kits (some of them aren't that simple) You can call X-pel directly or search their dealer database for a certified installer in your area.

I wish everyone the best, these aren't simple stickers and shouldn't be treated as such just for a quick buck.

I have installed many of these kits and think it is a wonderful product. We are the licensed installer for the Knoxville, TN and surrounding areas. If any of you need help, please feel free to contact us for help or for someone to contact in your area.

-

Originally posted by Clearguard:
and shouldn't be treated as such just for a quick buck.

Who is getting a quick buck?

Hey guys I have gotten really covered up, is there someone out there willing to take the payments and send all this these out? I can give you the guys info at xpel so you can deal with them direct.

T-bird....email me the details...I have been pleased with my current XPEL kits installed, and I want to get the sail panel and rear bumper kit prior to the really nasty stuff hitting the DC area. I have sent you a private message, you should also be able to access my email via my profile.

Flairbird

T-Bird,

I will take one of the Xpel kits for the sail panel as long as there is enough salvage to complete the 2 sides with 2 pieces.

I do have a question – As all wax and residue is to be removed first, will the surface scratches show through the Xpel? If so is there a way to “fill” the scratches? I will be doing the install myself, as there is no installer in Alaska, so I hope it all goes well.

AKBirdie

AK Birdie: If there are any scratches on your decking your dealer should either buff them out of repaint under warranty. I had minor scratches and the dealer buffed them out. You would never know that they were there.

A question about the X-Pel material: since the paint on the sail panel will show abrasion wear without some kind of protection, won't the X-Pel panel also get scuffed up over time, and also become unsightly?

I thought I read that if we wanted the kit that we would receive a letter/meaasge on how to purchase. I'm still waiting. If this is incorrect, please let me know the process I need to follow to order the kits and receive the discount.

Thank you

Originally posted by jt2233:
I would be interested in the purchase of the
> following:
>
> 2002 T_Bird; Bumper kit, Hood Fender & mirror Kit,
> Door sill & wheel opening kit. I would like to know
> total cost.
>
> Also if it is possible to receive the 45% discount on
> the 2001 Explorer Sport Trac - Grill & bumper kit.
>
> Thank you,
>
> John

Likewise, I have been waiting to hear about two xpel kits at 45% discount. I still want the door seal, et al kit and the hardtop kit. Does anyone know where this special purchase for 2002 TBird owners stands?

Originally posted by pkboyd:
Likewise, I have been waiting to hear about two xpel kits at 45% discount.

Read my post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back