WTB 1997 ashtray dash insert

H

hoosierbiker

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all, I have a dilemma I need some help with. My wife and I get in her 1997 T-Bird yesterday and find a hole under the radio where she says the ashtray used to reside. Sitting to the right of the hole is a cigarette lighter (intact). I google ashtray for this car and all of the ones I find appear to have the cigarette lighter molded/attached to the ashtray? I found a cubby that looks like it would fit in the hole but the wife is livid and says there was an ashtray there and she wants an ashtray put back into the hole where it belongs...what am I missing here?
1997 T-Bird ashtray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

but the wife is livid and says there was an ashtray there and she wants an ashtray put back into the hole where it belongs.
I hope you are exaggerating about her being "livid" over a missing push to open ashtray panel on a 26-year-old car.

You can buy a replacement here or look at a junkyard locally- https://ebay.us/1dkL8T

ashtray2.jpg
ashtray1.jpg

cubby.jpg

I went out in broad daylight and figured it out. Gotta pull that tab on the left to the right toward the lighter and the whole thing pops right out. I think I'm going to replace it with a cubby now seeins how neither of us smoke...

Back