WTB 1965 Thunderbird Door Panel

CtCarGuy

CtCarGuy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm looking at a 1965 TBird with a light blue interior. The armrest on the driver side is cracked and a piece of vinyl is missing. Does any of the suppliers have blue panels or can the arm rest be purchased separately? Is there a way to fix this or a service? This is all part of me considering buying this car. THX

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Parts discussion goes in the parts forum! Moving your post there now.

parts-discussion.jpg

I'm looking at a 1965 TBird with a light blue interior. The armrest on the driver side is cracked and a piece of vinyl is missing. Does any of the suppliers have blue panels or can the arm rest be purchased separately? Is there a way to fix this or a service? This is all part of me considering buying this car. THX
You can buy abs door panels in sets from Macs for 750. I bought abs skins for mine, but honestly it changes too many things to be a good fit. I will either replace mine with the abs version or I will remake my own. I’m not doing a restoration on mine.
Another option is to have a paint less dent repair place do a vinyl fill in it. It will look new, if the right guy does it.
you may well have to spray dye any panel you find. To get a good match

You can buy abs door panels in sets from Macs for 750. I bought abs skins for mine, but honestly it changes too many things to be a good fit. I will either replace mine with the abs version or I will remake my own. I’m not doing a restoration on mine.
Another option is to have a paint less dent repair place do a vinyl fill in it. It will look new, if the right guy does it.
you may well have to spray dye any panel you find. To get a good match
Thanks Andrew. The door panels seem to be very expensive. I think finding a vinyl repair service makes sense if I buy the car.

Back