Wind Baffle

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
N
I know the purest among us will have some heartburn - but I just put a wind baffle on our bird - took it out for a test run ( only got to 50 - it started to rain and the bird flew to the garage) it worked as advertised - my better half will no longer accuse me of trashing her hair. easy to put on and more importantly to take off when "hair trashing"is not an issue. It is almost invisible and absolutely no impact on visibility. tommorrow - to the interstate to give it a real test.
baffles.jpg

-

I have a lot of heartburn with this one -- I cannot imagine a baffle on my T-bird. However, in the spirit of open-mindedness, I too would like to see pics and additional feedback. Looking forward to the "before/after" results of your speed test!

As I said in another post, I put one on my Mustang convert and it works great! Love to see what it looks like on the T-Bird. Does it use the velcro straps on the headrest like the Mustang's??

Too much win, or hot air is a bad thing, especially on a TBird forum.

Go to.....
It's fun...it's FREE. and it's not full of stupid rules.

Note From editor: Thanks for the spamories. I.P. logged and cross referenced.

-

-

Velcro straps just like your mustang - as I said - just about invisible - I'll try to get some pictures out but being a computer illiterate and technology challenged, I may have to ask my 5 year old grandson to do it!!!!
Now out to the interstate for the real test!!

Email me the pictures and I will get them posted.

Bump for pics I added.

-

Excellent...how do I get one?!

Got it from www.windbaffle.com - incidently the customer service was outstanding - even has a 30 day return option if you don't think it is for you.
had it out on the interstate today - up to 70 mph - got some wind effect - but my better half was happy with it's performance - so that makes me happy too.

Navigator, Can the wind baffle be stored in the trunk ok. Does it come with a storage sleave or pouch? How long does it take to install and take off. Sorry for all the questions, but it looks like it might work quite well if it stowes ok and we can keep from scratching while in storage.

02birdman - it takes about 30 seconds to install and/or take off - nothing more than 2 velcro straps around the head restraints.
There was no pouch with it - the info suggest that you keep the bubble wrap to store it in - since evidently it will scratch if mishandled. My better half has taken on the project of designing and making a storage pouch (she doesn't think it will be difficult). It will fit in the trunk - it is exactly the distance between the outside edges of the head restraints. However I don't think I will keep it in the trunk -
hope this helps.

Two questions,

Can you bring the ragtop up without taking the baffle off?

Would it be possible to take a pic and post it of the baffle removed (Just the baffle itself)?

The soft top will go up without removal - the instructions do caution you to try it carefully once you install it and not just take it for granted - our top cleared it with no problem.
As far as a picture by itself - there wouldn't be much to see - the panel is transparent with just the two straps - don't have a digital camera - soooo being computer challenged it will be some time before I can post the pic.

Originally posted by navigator:
don't have a digital camera - soooo being computer challenged it will be some time before I can post the pic.

Don't forget, when you get your film developed, you can also get a CD back with the pictures in a digital format.

Erict - just noticed that you are in Quebec - a note of possible interest to you - there is a cool weather panel (additional cost)that attaches to the bottom of the baffle to block the area between the seats - the advertised purpose is to keep the cockpit warm with the top down as the weather gets cooler. I did get the attachment but haven't tried it yet - only attached it to make sure it fit - did not take it out on the road.

Navigator, your noticing I am in Quebec, and commenting on the cool weather, answered my second question regarding the pics.

I wanted to find out how far down the baffle covered the space between the seats.

The exact concern, spring and fall cool mornings and evenings!

Even this week we were running mornings at 7am that were in the mid 50's.

That is baseball cap (for some a tuque would be better) and windbreaker weather, if you are going to trop the top.

This is baffle has real potential.

Thanks again for your comments navigator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back