What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband who is an avid Ford lover had a severe stroke 3 1/2 years ago. We have a 1959 T-bird convertible, all original, that was the Chrome car of the year for 2000 and can be seen on that web site. My question is this. I love this car and so does my husband. I care for him here at our home but he is totally disabled and can no longer even get out of bed, let alone drive this car. Because of my added responsibilities in being his caregiver and running his business remotely from home, I do not have time to drive this car the way I should. Because of this there is some seapage from the transmission and I'm sure it is because the gaskets are hard from not being driven. This car has 44,000 original miles and every drop of gas, every drop of oil, EVERYTHING that has ever been done to this vehicle has been recorded. I have the original sticker and all the original paper work. I want to do what is best for this car and I do not know what that is. Could some of you gentlemen out there that know about these things give me some advice? My husband would know because he is MY HERO and KNOWS everything about everything (really) but the stroke has left his cognitive skills greatly challenged. I want to do what he would want me to but I do not want to destroy this wonderful vehicle by not driving it.

Thanks so much, a woman in my position has such a terrible time trusting people and already I have been taken advantage of because of my husband's compromised condition. Basically, I know all Ford lovers are good people!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Junebug:
Perhaps there's a TBird club that he belonged to that may be able to help you.
On the other hand if he was not a member of any car clubs, possibly you can contact a local chapter and get them to help. Car people like to help other car people.
Are you local to NE?

Thanks for responding. I am in Holt, Mo which is about 35 North of Kansas City, MO. But when you asked about the T-bird Club I remembered that he belonged to the Heart of America T-bird club so I will check with them. Thanks so much for reviving my memory.

Good for you and Best of luck. It sounds like you have a jewel on your hands and it deseves the best.
If you have no luck contacting people in MO, I could try to contact someone I knew back when I had my '56 Bird.
I wish you well
George

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you George. It is a beautiful vehicle and all original. I just want to do what is best for it. I have a call in to the president of the Heart of America T-bird club and hopefully he can advise me on this. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back