Want to talk about the checkered flag

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Gee, guess who has the pole AGAIN. And at another record breaking speed. Come on Bill DO something with it.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I can show the form of racing I enjoy most by the following:

GAS is for washing PARTS
ALCOHOL is for DRINKING
and
NITRO is for RACING

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

-

rolleyes.gif
I thought about the jumping ship for a long time when he changed but I decided to stay with Bill. I've been a major fan since 1984 and then in 1999 we went to Charlotte for the spring race. We drove over to Bill's shop and I finally met Bill in person for the first time. I told him that I had been a fan since 1984. He stopped signing autographs and looked up at me and reached out to shake my hand and said thank you. He was in a autograph signing mode and just stopped to say thank you. I really appreciated that and I will be a Bill fan until he stops driving. This is a Great racer and one hell of a person.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

biggrin.gif
Norman, Keep the faith.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

The only Nitro racing I do is when I crank up my R/C car! Right now it has a gorgeous green Firebird body on it-hopefully someone will be making a 2002 Thunderbird body with the hardtop in place for it soon!

How fast? It is a 1/10th scale on-road car with a 1.25hp two-stroke engine and a 2-speed transmission-I had a fellow officer bring out his radar gun one day when I was running hot laps-top speed is 82.338MPH!!!

I'll bring it with me on Thunder-you'll get a kick watching this baby run!

-

Elliott qualified in the top ten at Martinsville! When is the last time he did that well on a short track run? Could this Sunday be an Elliott day? Let's hope so.

biggrin.gif
Norman, yea, looks good. I'll have to record the race this week. Going to my first MATC meeting on Sunday. Bill is clawing his way back into the points. Hope he gets a top 5 this week but don't know about the short track thing we all know these are not his best tracks to run on. (I hate short tracks)
mad.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

I don't know, when you have cars built to withstand 200+mph crashes and they are only running 120 tops, you get a lot of pushing and banging on the short tracks.

I wish NASCAR would add some more twisties to the schedule. 3800# cars with skinny tires going left AND RIGHT makes for some exciting racing.

Kenseth took second yesterday and if he wasn't battling DJ in the final laps, he just may have won. Go Rousch Racing. Go Ford.

Joe, yea, Bill did pretty good , sorry to see what happened to Mark. I though he and Bill might fight it out in the end.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

I would have loved to have seen DJ pull off a last second pass for the win. Don't drive that truck Dale cause it ain't a Ford.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

biggrin.gif
Commmme on #9 Bill. I'll be watching qualifying this morning, got rained out yesterday.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Gobird;

All those Chevys in the top 15 will probably sent the other brands to the big red trailer crying for some "Aero" help. As you know, at Datona it's not really where you qualify that counts.

------------------
Courage --- and shuffle the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back