Want to talk about the checkered flag

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
biggrin.gif
I'll start it,WHO WILL WIN the race at Las Vagas this weekend? I always have gone with AWESOME BILL. Have sense 1984 and I won't change now. A Fan is a Fan and they won't change no matter what their driver is driving. Bill has done a lot for the T_Bird in those years.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

I have always been a fan of Awesome Bill but I have to pull for a Rousch car. I have followed his teams since he was racing in TransAm, running Mustangs.

That and now whoever has one of the earlier cars (myself) that had the fan pump retrofit had Rousch Industries work on the car, so for us there is a direct connection.

jodrod, I would love to see Mark win a championship, He deserves one more then anyone. Been pretty close but not there YET. Hope he gets one this year. But I AM a diehard Bill Fan. If you are a NASCAR fan then you know what I mean.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

I am a Mark Martin fan also and would love to see him win a Championship. He is going to have to hurry though as his biological clock is ticking. But I am really an NHRA fan. My Dad & I raced profesionally in the late 60's & early 70's. Have several friends that are still in the race game. John Force, Jim Dunn & son Mike Dunn, Don Prudome, Bob Panella, and many more. Hoping John wins his twelfth title this year. The next race he wins will be his 100th. Can you imagine 11 Championships, thats as many as Jeff Gordon & Dale Earnhardt put together.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon,

Have you ever been to Big Daddy's museum outside of Ocala, FL? I have some property in north FL and we pass it every time we go up there. I just have not been able to talk the wife into letting me stop, she is not a big race fan. I've had friends who have gone and said you can easily spend a good protion of the day there.

BEING AN ARKANSAS NATIVE, WE PULL FOR BILL DAVIS AND WARD, HUT, AND SCOTT. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE WARDS YEAR. 02TBIRD

Yes Jodrod I was there about 3 years ago. Also have been to the NHRA Museum in Glendora, California. Ironically when you mention Big Daddy, I was at Lions Dragstrip the day Don Garlits had the clutch & flywheel explosion that cut off half of his right foot. It was he who then invented the rear engine dragster after that accident. We were pulling our racecar back down the return strip to the pits when it happened and were only about a 100 feet away. Ugly sight seeing that car cut in half just off the starting line.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Jodrod I got a good laugh after posting the response above. I logged off at 10:45, 11:45AM your time and turned on the TV to the Speed Channel. I about fell out of my chair when standing there was Dennis Gage & Big Daddy Don Garlits in Garlits Museum. Told my wife that no more than 30 seconds ago I answered a post about the Museum. Watched for 15 minutes and then went to Grand daughters birthday party. Stranger things have happened but that was kind of wierd.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon-

Remember the movie "Funny Car Summer?" It followed Jim through a season of racing-my uncle wrote the script for the movie.

------------------
**********, **************************

biggrin.gif
Well lets keep this going. Who will win Atlanta, I think you know who I will pick, Bill use to owen that track. But that was a long time ago.
frown.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

I don't even try to guess who will win a particular race anymore-with NASCAR changing the rules, or spoiler height, or whatever, between each race now-you can't tell who will win. The last race I watched still has me in shock, when they were just a few laps from finishing, and they had a big one-sheesh!

------------------
**********, **************************

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Well I guess we know WHO got the poll. TWICE. Now if he can do something with it.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

I agree even though he is driving a Dodge - Go Bill.........and Jeff, I think he has a date with the wall.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

Lon that Jeff thing would be nice to see. I wonder who he would blame for it?

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

And what you thought you would never see. Jimmy Spencer accusing another driver for driving too rough. When you move someone up out of the groove Jimmy, you just might get a return love tap.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back