Want to introduce myself

linsjean
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello!

I just signed up today on this forum and I'm still learning all the way to navigate this site. I hope it's ok for me to do a bit of an introduction here, otherwise, please a little help to direct me in the right direction.

When I say "we" I mean I am a caregiver/power of attorney and tenant and very good friend of an elderly gentleman who owns this beautiful 1955 Ford T-Bird. He's getting on in age and he used to be so very quick to figure out things on his own, but he is declining now. I belong to different car forums because I believe that the members of these types of forums know what they are talking about. So, the old guy who will soon be 83, let's call him "Bill". I am the gal that has the computer and helps him post ads, well you name it from making doctor appointments and completing forms, etc.

Me: I know absolutely nothing about cars, but he does!

He had me buy some parts from speedway magazine for a master cylinder:

Dual Feed Master Cylinder

$39.99

$39.99

Speedway Disc Brake Residual Valve, 2 PSI, Purple

$14.99

$14.99

Speedway Drum Brake Residual Valve, 10 PSI, Purple

$14.99

$14.99

But, he's running into some problems. He says he has to do some modifications to make it fit.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and please moderators, if you want to move this thread elsewhere, that's fine by me as long as I locate it again. I am glad to know that I get email notifications upon any responses. Some do not.

Editing because I am not understanding why I see a Lexus at the top of my new post?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you want responses on this forum, or any other for that matter, you might want to use Titles that are relevant to your post. Even after reading your post, I'm still unclear as to what you are trying to find out or even why you bought the parts.

If you want responses on this forum, or any other for that matter, you might want to use Titles that are relevant to your post. Even after reading your post, I'm still unclear as to what you are trying to find out or even why you bought the parts.

I just re-read my post again and you are right, I was not clear about anything. I mainly wanted to introduce myself. Would you teach me how to take it down? Otherwise, you may remove it. I do not know how to articulate what this man wants to do except install power disc brakes on his 55. If he gets stuck again, I will post exactly what he is trying to accomplish. But for now, this post is just taking up space. You may remove. I should have put an introduction of myself into the off topic area. Sorry about this.

Back