Want leather steering knob

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tennistm

Last seen
I just bought a 2004 Tbird premium with a white ssterring knob top (lookslike a pool ball). It prefer the black leather steering knob.
Is there anyone out there that would like to trade? Anyone have a leather knob for sale?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim:

I checked with a friend of mine who bought a leather one. Here's what he said: "Yes I am the one who changed out the shift knob and also the steering wheel for leather. I bought them from Ford, they were sold with the deluxe version Thunderbird"

Hope this helps you Tim:cool:

Tim:
Some other data I picked up from others on TBird sites:

Q: "Can anyone explain to me how to remove the shifter knob on the bird? I would like to replace mine. Any ideas or instructions?"

A: "Simple, slide the chrome ring down and it will expose a couple of screws. Check the price for that little item. Just replaced one on my car. It should be obvious when you look at the replacement knob"

Also: "I think someone once mentioned that the shift knobs are over $250 (retail), and I don't remember if any differentiation was made between the hard painted wood and the leather-wrapped ones."

More data: "If your mechanically inclined you can save a little over $100.00. Buying the steering wheel and shift knob from a Ford dealer and then having them install them is about a $500.00 charge."

Tim:
Another thought is; if anyone has swapped there's out and has a leather one available, they may want to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back