VINs/Dates/Destinations II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not affiliated with Ford Motor Company, all the data I gather comes from individuals with an interest in the new Thunderbird.

The files will be updated on a regular basis depending on the amount of data received since the last update.

For the new people on the board, I have been collecting data on all the Birds that I can, so if you have any of the below information on your car, I would appreciate receiving it.

The plots that I post on the Yahoo group site, thenewtbirddata have estimates on build/ETA/delivery dates along with a model breakdown. Due to the limited data that I have, I feel that the estimations may be optimistic, however it will give you a rough idea of build/ETA/delivery dates. As more data is gathered the better the fits will be. For this reason I would appreciate as many build dates/ETA's/delivery dates that I can get. Keep in mind that these are estimates and should not be taken as absolute.

The plots are located in both the files section (.jpg extension) and the photo section. The data is located in the files section in the 2002 TBird Data Files folder.

You can post your info here or email it to me at the below address. If you email me the data your email name will be used as the owner. When submiting data please include as much as possible of the following:

Your full 17 digit VIN, build week, ETA, delivery date, destination (where it is being delivered to, not necessarily where you live) exterior color, top color, model (premium or deluxe), interior color (full, partial, accent or standard), your name if you want it included and any remarks.

We have also found that the build rotation/sequence number is on one of the VIN stickers located on the fenders (front, rear, left and right), hood, trunk, and the doors (there may be more locations that I am currently not aware of). The rotation/sequence number is the actual order of production. It will be a four digit number above the VIN on one of the stickers. If you have a high VIN, add 9960 to the rotation number to find the actual production number of the car. Example: my VIN is 2532 but the rotation number is 2167, indicating that my car was the 2167th 2002 Thunderbird built.

Also if you could include your position in the dealer allocation (# of #) it would be useful in giving people who have not received a VIN an idea of when they might.

The usual sequence for vehicle order status is as follows:

(1) clean/unscheduled (2) submitted to plant (3) scheduled (4) locked in (no changes to order allowed) (5) bucked (implies that production of the vehicle has commenced) (6) produced (7) released from plant (8) assignment of a railcar or released to convoy (9) arrived at ramp (rail yard or distribution center near delivery site) (10) if not assigned in step 8, released to convoy.

Thanx,

------------------
Joe O'Donnell
St. Pete, FL
res08cfi@***********
2002 Bird in Hand
Black Premium, Black Top, Black Accent
VIN 102532

-

...52Y109638
Red/Red Premium w/ Full Red
just sold at dealer in Stockton, CA
MSRP + $10K on sticker

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 227K

Jodrod-of course the first thing I did upon receipt of my car was to let you know the particulars! If it was somehow missed, here it is again:

I bought a bird on Monday (1/21...happy MLK day to me) off the lot in Sylvester, GA. It is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!! VIN 1FAHP60A02Y107442, red/red ht/black accent/premium. #3 of ? (the salesman said it was their 3rd bird and they would get one or two more, depending on if they kept selling the ones they received. Yeah, right.) I don't know when it was delivered, he said they had it one or two weeks. There is a date of 12/10/01 on the sticker.

Just another one of my trivia tidbits from my plant tour FYI...

TbirdLover triggered this info I got on my plant tour. The window sticker is the very last thing done to the car just before it is shipped out of the plant, so the date printed on the sticker is more than likely the day your car rolled off the line. Sometimes the sticker can be printed a day after like with my car. It rolled off the line on Friday, January 18, but didn't go through final inspections until Monday, January 21. I imagine my sticker was produced on Monday.

KB

-

Just got my update from the 800# a few minutes ago. It said, and I quote "As of January 28 your vehicle was produced with and estimate time of arrival week of February 11". Do you think I am not getting way excited? I wonder how much longer now?

Happy Dan
1FAHP60A82Y110282

Tbird Lover,

Now I see why I missed you. I have created a list of all FL Bird owners. When I filtered the data on FL you did not show up because your car was delived to GA. Had you there all along. Sorry 'bout that.

ralphd hails from the Tallahasse area and has a white/white premium, so there is at least one other one around there. In fact you two are exactly 300 VINs apart.

-

No problem, Jodrod.

I actually went down to the Ford dealer here to check out Ralphd's car when he announced it was in. I have been keeping an eye out for it, but have yet to see it on the road. It doesn't seem like we have heard from Ralphd lately either...Ralph, where did you go?

Seen at dealer in Fresno, CA, +$15K:
...52Y103810 Black/Black Premium w/ Black Accent
...02Y106579 Yellow/White Premium w/ full Yellow
...82Y107897 Black/Black Premium w/ Black Accent

Sales Manager(?) says "Don't worry about the markup - it is negotiable, but we're obviously trying to get as much money as we can"!

Also in the showroom:
White over Blue '56 Bird
Red 427 Cobra
Red new Cobra "R" (owner's)
Numerous Saleen Mustangs on the lot, as well!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 228K

Jodrod,

Well my happy day has arrived. I take deliver of m bird tomorrow!! I am hardly psyched at all....don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Tommy TBird Blue
10074 - Blue/Full Blue/White Top

I was at the Ford dealership in Lakeland, FL today and there were two Thunderbirds on the floor:

108095 Premium Yellow/Yellow Hardtop/Partial yellow interior. Arrived sometime last week.

109333 Premium Blue/Blue Hardtop/Black Accent interior. Arrived today, 2/4/02

Both are available at $47,500 each.

HollowHerb,

What is the top color, the model (premium or deluxe) and the interior (full, partial, accent or standard). Also what is the digit after the P60A in the vin?

I cannot believe all this snow in Texas! Especially during the week that I am supposed to pick up my Bird My salesman called me yesterday. If the weather holds out, we are supposed to go to the RailHead in Mesquite (Texas that is) to pick her up on Friday. After all this time, now we are just down to three more days!!!! At the risk of repeating myself.....YAHOO!!!

Dan
DRK BRD

JODROD Just received a call from my salesman, ETA is 3/04/02 but he says that their deliveries of everything but vehicles with adjustable pedal system are running 1 or 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental waiting forred/red/std blk premium (#2 of 2 VIN 1FEHP60E62Y111592)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

-

-

Thanks for your inquiry in the frequency of use thread. Sorry you had trouble finding me. I have recently moved to Kiawah Island SC with the 'Bird but I do not think that is the problem. Anyway I am happy to provide the info and appreciate your tracking it.

Your full 17 digit VIN---1FAHP60A72Y100679, build week,---6/01 ETA, delivery date---8/18, destination (where it is being delivered to, not necessarily where you live)--- It was delivered to Raleigh NC exterior color---Yellow, top color---Yellow, model (premium or deluxe)---premium, interior color (full, partial, accent or standard)---yellow and blalck, your name if you want it included and any remarks. Russ Warren, e mail Kiawahwarren@cs.com.

To repeat my other thread a bit, it now has close to 14,000 miles on it and has been flawless. Let me know if you k now of any delivered earlier or with more miles. This was delivered in Raleigh, NC and was the first one delivered out of that dealership. They were flawless too!

Jodrod, here's one, not sure if you got it.
1FAHP60A22Y109998 YELLOW /yel ht/full interior. Reading pa. Manderbach's
Don't know whose it is but it was ordered.

Originally posted by jodrod:
I am not affiliated with Ford Motor Company, all the data I gather comes from individuals with an interest in the new Thunderbird.

The files will be updated on a regular basis depending on the amount of data received since the last update.

For the new people on the board, I have been collecting data on all the Birds that I can, so if you have any of the below information on your car, I would appreciate receiving it.

The plots that I post on the Yahoo group site, thenewtbirddata have estimates on build/ETA/delivery dates along with a model breakdown. Due to the limited data that I have, I feel that the estimations may be optimistic, however it will give you a rough idea of build/ETA/delivery dates. As more data is gathered the better the fits will be. For this reason I would appreciate as many build dates/ETA's/delivery dates that I can get. Keep in mind that these are estimates and should not be taken as absolute.

The plots are located in both the files section (.jpg extension) and the photo section. The data is located in the files section in the 2002 TBird Data Files folder.

You can post your info here or email it to me at the below address. If you email me the data your email name will be used as the owner. When submiting data please include as much as possible of the following:

Your full 17 digit VIN, build week, ETA, delivery date, destination (where it is being delivered to, not necessarily where you live) exterior color, top color, model (premium or deluxe), interior color (full, partial, accent or standard), your name if you want it included and any remarks.

We have also found that the build rotation/sequence number is on one of the VIN stickers located on the fenders (front, rear, left and right), hood, trunk, and the doors (there may be more locations that I am currently not aware of). The rotation/sequence number is the actual order of production. It will be a four digit number above the VIN on one of the stickers. If you have a high VIN, add 9960 to the rotation number to find the actual production number of the car. Example: my VIN is 2532 but the rotation number is 2167, indicating that my car was the 2167th 2002 Thunderbird built.

Also if you could include your position in the dealer allocation (# of #) it would be useful in giving people who have not received a VIN an idea of when they might.

The usual sequence for vehicle order status is as follows:

(1) clean/unscheduled (2) submitted to plant (3) scheduled (4) locked in (no changes to order allowed) (5) bucked (implies that production of the vehicle has commenced) (6) produced (7) released from plant (8) assignment of a railcar or released to convoy (9) arrived at ramp (rail yard or distribution center near delivery site) (10) if not assigned in step 8, released to convoy.

Thanx,

First saw the concept at the autoshow and wanted one then. Went to local dealer in Powell WY. Paid a $1,000 deposit to assure still willing to take delivery is it was ever built in Jan 99. Jan01 I went in and gave specs for my order. Jun 01 was told the order was in and it was being built.
Jul 01 dealer was shut down for selling inventory and not paying flooring.
Went to next town dealer and was told if he was able to get the Powell dealership he would be able to get the ordered car and would sell it to me, but not give credit for $1,000 deposit, but should be able to get it from Ford.
Then discovered my car was never ordered by closed dealer, but another one was ordered for the owner of the closed dealer with different specs. Told I could have that one if I wanted it.
The dealer making promises had one ordered for a raffle and he asked if mine which was ordered earlier could be used to sell tickets. I approved.
Time for raffle came my substituted car arrived and the dealer then gave it away at the raffle as the one he ordered for the raffle was still not delivered. Six weeks later the raffle car came in and I purchased it with no credit given for the deposit.
Contacted Ford about deposit. They took calls at customer service from Sept till now and finally say that is is not their obligation to honor the deal made by their agent, dealer as he was an independent business "crook" and not their resposibility.

Great car lousy company.
Bmcn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back