VINs/Dates/Deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
#6794 Red convert, red/black full accent interior is here (Lindquist Ford, Bettendorf IA)will pick it up at noon, can't wait, car was supposed to arrive 21 Dec according to 800 # so it looks like they are still delivering before ETA.

Jodrod

I live in Riverview but work in St. Petersburg. I have yet to see a bird in St. Petersburg or the Tampa side
frown.gif

woodand

Jodrod

I never received the build date for 6504.

Yes, it is a premium, and man is it RED! I'll be sharing more after I put some miles on it.

Thanks for all you hard work for all us Birds.

gammonj
smile.gif

Blue Bird 1FAHP60A72Y106160 Premium, Partial Accent Package, Blue Hard top, was picked up by me yesterday from the dealership. I paid sticker, and ordered the car January 24, 2001. I did get LoJack, and bought the 7yr/75K PremiumCare ESP plan.

The Ford computer said delivery week of December 19. It actually arrived at the dealership Thursday afternoon, Dec 13, during a torrential rain storm. No leaks as the carpet was dry. The car had 7.2 miles on it when I crawled into the seat for the first time. It got lots of looks from the dealership people, as this was only their second TBird. I drove my 56 to the dealership to pick up the new one.
Weather in Houston yesterday was clear and 70. Now I know why I put up with the heat and humidity during the summer! No storing this Bird for the winter. I belong to the Classic Thunderbirds of Houston, and we meet for breakfast every Saturday morning. I drove the 02, and another member drove his white 02. We parked them nose-to-nose, and they attracted a lot of attention.

There was a considerable amount of water on the soft top the first time I put it up. After having toured the factory, I wonder if the water is there from when the soft top is put down, and it's not dried off after the water leak test at the factory. There were water spots on the soft top rear glass.

I know it's been said before, but this car is too fun to drive. Acceleration is great, and the exhaust tones are wonderful--hard top, soft top, or no top. Get ready for lots of thumbs-up and stares. I love this car.
Blue___White_at_TVF.jpg

Congrats 56Birdman! Awesome photo! Love seeing the two 'birds together. Best of luck with the newest addition! Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm hoping to pick my Thunderbird Blue up on Jan. 27, 2002. I keep praying for no more factory delays.

Happy Holidays,

KB

Ordered in Feb 01 still no vin #, 6 of 8 Was promissed for Feb 02 but I,am not expecting till May blue/blue/full
As for the dealer allocations, my saleperson said it was for the amount of thunderbirds the dealer sold in '97 year.

jodrod:
I did some research and found out my Dealer only had one car allocated. He told me that he believes he can get a replacement if he sells the car he has in stock.
He sold the car he had in stock to me Vin.#104201,Black/Black.Red,Premium. I take delivery 12/20.
Other Dealers in my area have told me that they have sold out their 2003 allocation and are taking deposits on 2004 vehicles. All these Dealers are selling at MSRP + $5000.00.
A Bird in the hand ect.!!!

Eric, I'm not sure whether that's such good news after all. In another thread, jodrod posted
As of Friday [12/14], the line contained 7500's, 7600's, 7700's and a couple of 7800's, mostly 7600's. Build rate is now at 100 - 110 cars per day and seems to be following vins pretty closely. Knowing this, it should be fairly easy to figure where your car is in the que.

That would mean your build is almost a month late, allowing for the holiday shutdown. Maybe someone decided there's no hurry in shipping convertibles to the Great White North in the middle of winter. :-\

Having trouble posting a message. I'm trying this one for size to see if it works. I am registered with BON but can't seem to get on this bulletin board.

I hope this message works (having trouble getting on this bulletin board).
I ordered my 02 on 3-1-01 and asked for help here on 11-15-01 as I was getting no help from anyone. Also, there was a man ahead of me who became ill and the dealer said I could have his car. I took it! It was Vin#6963 mfd. 12-1-01 (Saturday?), delivered to dealer on 12-14-01 and picked up by me on 12-15-01 at MSRP $41,360.30, including Indiana 5% sales tax. See, I told you there is a Santa Claus!!

Well, I finally got my VIN #!!!!

According to my dealer, I'm # 9476. I'm #7 of 30 from the dealer, and thus far he has delivered 4.

According to this thread, several people mention the 800#, and a few other people asked what that number was, but I have not been able to locate it.

Can somebody post the number in this topic? I'm pacing the floors here waiting for my baby to be born.

Thanks!

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
# 9476 - No delivery date yet...

I wish to change my UserName from my real name to a different name. How can I do this? I've tried every which way to do this and it's not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back