Vanity Plates again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas requires both plates but I'm not putting mine on the front until I get caught a couple of times, besides it is not out of the aviary that much.

'57 Thunderbird Bronze plate: 5-IFTY-7
'02 White Premium plate: FNFNFN (on order)
(Fun,Fun,Fun)

------------------
Wyndham Smith
Houston, Texas
57 Bronze ; 2002 White
5 Thunderbird Juniors

I have 2K2BIRD on order from the Oklahoma Tax Commission. Hopefully, it will show up one of these days soon. That generic plate is kind of detracting from my birdie. It was available when I sent in the paper work and I did not put down an alternative. It will be back to square one if I don't get it.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

I have "15AGAIN" on order. Checked with the Okla. tax comm. it has been approved, but it takes awhile for them to deliver. I case you are wondering what it means, I was 15 when the the 55's came out and I wanted one then, but could not buy it. So I am 15 again.
Paul, you can have the tag agency check the computer to see if it is approved.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

I have had "02 BIRD" (Ohio) since last June.
Now just waiting for the Blue,Blue,partial deluxe to put it on.

------------------

Don't have the car or the plate yet, but both are on order. I chose TBIRD42 or as I say it "TBIRD for 2".

Note for Jodrod and others in Florida: I got the general issue plate so I could have 7 characters.

I have requested 2ndBird in Tennessee, don't know if I will get it. Next choice is TBird 2. Thought about other plates. Tenetke is "Thunder" in Creek Indian.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

Ordered RTBRD yesterday @ $57 and change, should be here in 4 to 6 weeks. I couldn't talk the wife into 2SR71, which for those not familiar with avaition is the fast, high flying spy plane nicknamed the Black Bird because it is painted all black.

10of11, I wanted to stay with the Bucs tag, I have had one since they became available, even though it cut down on the number of combinations.

-

I have NMTBIRD on the Michigan Great Lakes Splendor plate. I had it regestered to my Mountaineer for about six months, but kept the old plate on because the tags were still valid and I just thought it would look stupid on a truck. Obviously illegal, but I got away with it since I wasn't pulled over in that time frame.

I enjoy watching people pull up behind me at traffic lights. I read their lips and see the "NMTBIRD" come out of their mouths. Then a discussion ensues as to what the NM is for, and best I can tell, they don't even come up with a guess. I've noticed this maybe 10 times now.

I actually took it out of storage last Saturday since the weather was so nice and was driving around when it happened again. This person's best guess to his passenger was that it stood for "Not My". I'm getting pretty good at this lip reading!

that reminds me of the supercharged 57 Thunderbirds - owners tend to use "F BIRD" on their special plates with the "F" standing for the engine data plate code of F for the supercharged engine. If you don't know those 'birds, you'd never figure out what that F stood for.

In Indiana we are fortunate to get a plate that I like. It has the insignia of the 500-mile Speedway and the ribbon across the bottom says, "Speedway Museum". My 02 Bird is #191 and my 2001 Lincoln is #192. My 94 Thunderbird (6K miles) is #193.

NMJeff - I tried for several T-Bird variations that weren't available. Almost went with 02NMTBD but my wife said only my friends on the internet would understand it.

First comment I hear most is "Sweet!"
Second is "Is that a 2001?

So I went with "SWEET 02"

Jodrod - Yours was still available because I keep telling myself it's mine, not ours. Of course my wife knows better, but she lets me pretend.

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back