Two sites are better than one

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were forgiven until that last remark.
You better make that 2 of those 151 things, or I will tell report you to the other place.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by Sophia
You were forgiven until that last remark.
You better make that 2 of those 151 things, or I will tell report you to the other place.

I used to frequent Crested Butte during ski seasons, and one of the local establishments had a drink made from 151 and a variety of other rums... aptly named "Erase Your Face."

Loochie have fun playing on the beach, and drink a margarita for me.

Jack / 2002 SR-71

Last edited:
Originally posted by 2002 SR-71
I used to frequent Crested Butte during ski seasons, and one of the local establishments had a drink made from 151 and a variety of other rums... aptly named "Erase Your Face."

Loochie have fun playing on the beach, and drink a margarita for me.

Jack / 2002 SR-71
Sorry Jack, I don't like margaritas, but I'll be happy to oblige with lots of Long Island Iced teas and fruity tropical rum drinks! Two more days!!!!!

You're leaving Saturday? I think its going to be in the 70s here on Saturday. :D We missed you last night at the muffler shop. We did make a sound file of Clarence's exhaust system and it will be waiting for you when you get back.

:) Actually, 4:30 am on Sunday....that's against my religion to be up at that hour, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....:p

Well, I didn't do any of the three things on my choice list last night. No exhaust demo, no concert, no packing. I have been frantically trying to fix my IPOD, which I got for my last birthday, and then spent many weeks copying every cd I own to my computer, then transfering the files to my IPOD, only to find that many songs didn't transfer right, and so are MISSING from my IPOD, and I can't go on vacation without my music, because I go nuts without it.......AAARRRGGGG! I think I got most of the important ones back.:mad: *sigh* As the saying goes.."It's always somethin' "

Well, Harry, if it's going to be in the 70's here, (which I know its not) you'd better get those swim trunks on, or at least take your poor bird out for some exercise! :D

Originally posted by tbird
Speaking of iPOD, how do you plan on replacing the batteries when they die?
http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com
As Bimota guy pointed out, they are now replaceable.. If anyone out there has an ipod, or knows someone who does, I highly recommend the book "The Missing Manual-the book that should have been in the box" It is the bible for ipod owners, written by J.D. Biersdorfer. Tells everything you could possibly need to know and then some about the ipod.

Originally posted by Sophia
Have a wonderful time Kathe!!!!!
Thanks Donna! Behave while I'm gone, and don't pick on Quickdraw too much!

Well I might as well go stand in the corner right now, WAIT SHE SAID "WHILE I AM GONE". I have about 14 hours until she leaves. :D

Originally posted by loochie
As Bimota guy pointed out, they are now replaceable..

You think 105.95 for some Ni-MH batteries is a good deal? Sounds like a big rip off to me, whoever thought of that is very smart.

You don't make a product that uses a consumable part that the consumer cannot replace. I cannot believe they haven't been sued yet.

I have no idea how much it actually costs to replace the battery, but I really don't care. I've wasted far more money than that on cell phones that I keep replacing to get the latest technology available, not to mention the cameras we've gone through, too. I have over 8,000 songs on my ipod, and haven't used even half the memory yet. It's very possible they will come out with a new improved model before my battery dies, which may not even happen.

Welcome back!!!! How was the cruise? Did you get a nice tan?

The ipod takes MP3s? Theres a USB port to download them from the computer? Are you serious, 8,000 songs?

Thanks Harry. Cruise was AWESOME! I had so much fun, drank alot of Martinis and wine...those island drinks fill you up too much. I met alot of fun people, stayed up too late every night.
Good thing I had a week in Florida to recover. Yes, I got very tan, probably the darkest I've ever been. Seven days in the Carribbean sun can really cook you. I had to buy another small suitcase to bring home all my souveniers in!

I double checked my ipod, and due to the problems I was having copying my cds, I realize I have only about 4200 songs on it right now, using up about a third of the memory (which is 40GB). (originally, I thought I had copied over 8,000, but not all of them copied properly due to the fact that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing) It does use a USB port, you can copy music in several formats, the MP3 being the most compact form..I use the AAC format. It also takes AIFF, WAV, or Audible formats, but they use too much memory.

Last edited:
>>.have only about 4200 <<<<

Still I cant picture you getting tired of hearing them repeat.... bet you haven't listened to them all even once... Thats amazing. Saw a thing on the news tonight advising ipod owners to get cheap black headphones as the white ones are a tip off to grabby thieves.

No, I don't know if I'll ever hear them repeat...what's nice about it is that I take it with me everywhere, and I find myself listening to older stuff that I'd forgotten about, but still love. It's just so much more convenient than carrying a load of cd's around with you. I have such a wide range of interest musically, I can listen to a greater variety without any hassle of picking out what I'll want to listen to each morning as I head out the door. I have a "vacation" playlist which has reggae/beach type music, a workout playlist that keeps me pumped up, "concert" playlists that are my favorite artists/groups in concert.....the possibilities are endless.

I don't use the headphones that came with it, (they are the "ear bud" types, which I hate) I use cheap fold-up ones that are quite easy to carry around.

So, while there is the possible battery problem, (which I am not sure how accurate that claim is), the enjoyment this little gadget brings me is well worth the price it cost to own and operate, and that's my bottom line!

I've been doing a little research, since T-bird brought this up, about the battery. Apple gives it a life anywhere from 2 to 9 years, depending on useage and charging habits. Apple will replace it for $99, or you can do it yourself for around $49. They say they started their battery replacement program before the "Dirty little secret" website even came into being (by about 7 days).

>>>Apple gives it a life anywhere from 2 to 9 years,<<<<

So.... you'll get to listen to your 4,200 tunes at least once before the battery dies.... :D :D

Welcome home Kathe!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back