Traction Light and ABS Light

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have a 2003 I had same issue for a year before I fixed it. to fix I had to replace the traction control/ABS module under the hood by the passenger head light.
I replace the wheel speed sensors on all corners first and it did not fix the problem. My light was on most of the time,
not on at all when the car was cold. I bought it on EBay for $556 after installing I had to clear codes and its has not been on since.

Mine was the front right wheel speed sensor. OBD code reader pinpointed it.

If I take it to ORilleys can they read the code
I have been working Security for a Wind farm going in near Laredo TX. so the Thunderbird has not been ran since May. Whent home over the week end and decided to drive the car some to keep every thing lubricated and for my enjoyment . Brought it back to Laredo with me put 200 miles on it and the lights are out and hasn't came on at all. Thanks for all the help I am still going to have the codes checked because it did not heal by its self. LOL

I have a 2003 I had same issue for a year before I fixed it. to fix I had to replace the traction control/ABS module under the hood by the passenger head light.
I replace the wheel speed sensors on all corners first and it did not fix the problem. My light was on most of the time,
not on at all when the car was cold. I bought it on EBay for $556 after installing I had to clear codes and its has not been on since.
Hi TBIRD&COBRA, I have the same problem and have also diagnosed it to the ABS module. Can you tell me where on EBay you found the module? Was it a rebuilt unit or used and did you have to reprogram it? Thanks in advance for your help!

My black 02 T Bird has the traction and abs lights on, I bought the ABS module, looks simple to install, appears there
in no programing involved. Is installation pretty simple, do we have to remove the abs motor pump?

Found the ABS module new on eBay for $413 so bought it from a Ford dealer.

It appears 2002 T Birds use a different ABS module, ordered one they said would fit, but connector was different.

So cleaned up connector sprayed with De Oxit and put back together. Started car and everything works perfectly.
Turned car off and on several times, still works great.

Back