TRACTION CONTROL

Status
Not open for further replies.
R
Last seen
I am confused. Is the traction control on all the time? When I start the car, the traction control light does not come on. If I push the button, the light comes on. Does this mean that when the light is on, the traction control is off or on? Please help as I said I am confused?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If it wasn't for my four wheel drive I could use the my T-Bird's traction control this morning. Only 3" of snow but it's on top of an 1" of ice. 17 degrees out this morning with chill factor of -6 degrees. For the people who think it does not snow or get cold in Texas ought to be here this morning.

Hey Lon, Isn't that why you guys still ride horses? That way you have one horsepower four legged traction control.

RR,

The traction control is ON all the time unless overridden by the button which will illuminate when the control is OFF. When the car is shut off it will default back to traction control on when next started.

Thanks Jodrod,

Sure is different than my 98 Mustang GT. The Fog Lights are on when the light shows and is off when the light is off. Real confusing! Shouldn't the light be on when traction control is working? Oh well, what do I know, I don't work for Ford.

If its like the one in my 2000 Mustang the button is labeled TRACTION CONTROL OFF and so lights up when that condition exists. Same in my wife's 2001 Taurus so I assume this is standard Ford button engineering.

Originally posted by LON O'CONNELL:
If it wasn't for my four wheel drive I could use the my T-Bird's traction control this morning. Only 3" of snow but it's on top of an 1" of ice. 17 degrees out this morning with chill factor of -6 degrees. For the people who think it does not snow or get cold in Texas ought to be here this morning.

Sucks for you, 65 Degrees here and climbing in East Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back