Thermostat light came fluid low car overheading

V

vita powlison

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Hello,
Im sorry I do not know how to stat a new thread. Can you tell me how? And or help me out with any ideas as to whats going on with my 2005 third radiator fluid.
My thermostats light came on about half a mile after leaving home. The thermostat was all the way up, I turned on heater it went down then back up. I emmediatly went home. I checked the fluid and it was low. I added a whole jar ( gallon ? ) of 5050 fluid. I test drove it and it didnt over heat. I was thinking that solved the problem. Went out next day there was fluid pooled up under engine on passenger side. I checked the reservoir and it was low again. I put another half gallon of 50 50 and test drove brought it back and it was dripping out under the passenger side again. Any ideas ? Heeelp i have a sucker tatooed on my forehead everytime i take my car in for a repair. Ive spent 4,000 in 2 years having the air conditioner replaced twice. Im feeling most frustrated., and sad. I love My car but she's becoming a money pit.
Thanks Vita,

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Vita, on the passenger side of the radiator is a control for the dual heat controls. I had the same problem and turned out to be it. It didn't costs that much to replace it. I think it was $65.00 for the control and $100.00 to put it in. Good luck Rick

Hi Vita, on the passenger side of the radiator is a control for the dual heat controls. I had the same problem and turned out to be it. It didn't costs that much to replace it. I think it was $65.00 for the control and $100.00 to put it in. Good luck Rick
Thanks Rick, Thats not to painfull for my wallet . I hope thats all it is. Were you using your heater when yours starting leaking? I think i may have had my AC on but not th eheater. Does this make a difference in your diagnoses ?

Thanks Rick, Thats not to painfull for my wallet . I hope thats all it is. Were you using your heater when yours starting leaking? I think i may have had my AC on but not th eheater. Does this make a difference in your diagnoses ?
There is a button at the top of the page that says post new thread. I moved your posts so they have a separate thread because you will be more likely to get replies.

You should have gotten this screenshot via email after you joined:

posting.jpg

Hello,
Im sorry I do not know how to stat a new thread. Can you tell me how? And or help me out with any ideas as to whats going on with my 2005 third radiator fluid.
My thermostats light came on about half a mile after leaving home. The thermostat was all the way up, I turned on heater it went down then back up. I emmediatly went home. I checked the fluid and it was low. I added a whole jar ( gallon ? ) of 5050 fluid. I test drove it and it didnt over heat. I was thinking that solved the problem. Went out next day there was fluid pooled up under engine on passenger side. I checked the reservoir and it was low again. I put another half gallon of 50 50 and test drove brought it back and it was dripping out under the passenger side again. Any ideas ? Heeelp i have a sucker tatooed on my forehead everytime i take my car in for a repair. Ive spent 4,000 in 2 years having the air conditioner replaced twice. Im feeling most frustrated., and sad. I love My car but she's becoming a money pit.
Thanks Vita,

Vita,

First do not take your car to the Ford dealer.they may see a T bird one time in a decade. Lincoln LS is the same car with a different body, so the Lincoln techs have alot more experience, than Ford.
Water dripping from the right side is normal, that is were the Air conditioner drain is, (Now for the bad news) Look at the color of the fluid draining, if its clear, great no issues. But if it has a color and oily feel your heater core is leaking

Back