Temp gage and oil gage not working

Skip
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
OK so I finally got Marilyn ( my 65 ) up and go took her to buy new tires found out the temperature gauge is not working at all she overheated and now I'm looking at putting another motor and I was wondering if anyone on here have any idea of how to fix the temperature gage. When I turn the car on all the gauges go to the far right pegged out ... I read that that could be a ground wire so my brother and I grounded both of the oil and the temperature gauges they no longer pay gas out but they also don't work at all any help would be highly appreciated so I don't ruin the next motor

thank you in advance

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hey Skip I would start with the easiest parts first. The power comes from the gauges first then goes to the sending units. The sending unit makes the ground for the gauge. If you take the wire off the sending unit and ground it out it should go all the way to the extreme. The temperature would go to hot and the oil pressure should go to zero. Sending units don't last especially if they sit for a long while. I hope it is an easy fix also check the wiring harness coming out of the fire wall make sure the plugs are making good contact. Good luck Rick.

Back